"Must see" Pueblo Blanco? -- Thank you!

Apr 27th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

"Must see" Pueblo Blanco? -- Thank you!

I know this is not fair, to have to choose, but our schedule is way too tight. And we are driving from Seville to Granada, and can't stop to stay overnight (well, next time...) But I want to at least pass through a few for my parents to get a feel of the Pueblo Blancos (This is their first time). Which is the most picturesque town? Jerez, Arcos, Grazemela, Zahara, Ronda, Antequerra? Or some other town altogether (also, has anyone been to Jerez Horse Fair before?)

Thank you for your thoughts...

Apr 27th, 2004, 06:57 AM
SRS

Hi lonmermaid,

Last month we went to Arcos, Grazelema, Zahara, and Ronda. We had a total of three days in the area. My overall favorite was Arcos, but I thought that the prettiest were Grazelema and Zahara (and also the smallest). I liked Ronda, but didn't fall in love with it (a lot do), but it is a lot larger. I didn't see Antequerra, so I can't comment on that.

If I were only going to pick one or two(which is definitely doable as you can get a "feel" with a 2-4 hours, I would probably choose based on the map and what would be easiest to get to.

If you click on my name above you'll see my trip report and talk about those places.

Have a great trip!
Sally

Apr 27th, 2004, 07:23 AM

my vote is also for Arcos de la Frontera.

saludos,
jer...
Apr 27th, 2004, 07:32 AM

I loved Ronda. The gorge and bridge are wonderful, and the old part of town is quite small - easy to walk around in.

Of course, I spent 2 days there, and only stopped in Arcos for a few hours and drove throug the others, so my view is a little skewed.

Grazemela did look amazing as I was driving through...

Karen
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:05 AM

Ronda and Arcos have most to see but Grazalema is prettiest.
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:16 AM

It's a tough call. Ronda is very beautiful, but it's a fairly large city. If you are just driving thru, the tiny road from Grazemela to Zahara is very spectacular, and they are the two most scenic small towns.
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! It seems everyone agrees on Arcos and Grazemela and Zahara. I will try to include those three. I have been to Ronda before about fifteen years ago, but for some reason I can't seem to recall it at all, except the cliff and the bridge and some much older, very insistent local men who tried to talk me into leaving my passports at the hostel and accompanying them on a crazy road trip... Well, I didn' t go along, and it looks like I won't have time to revisit that town after all. Thank you all so much!!