Reload this Page >

Must see places in short business trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2001, 03:54 AM
Hector

I would like some advice on must see places in London. Ill be getting there for 5 days at the first week of May. I guess Ill have afternoons and nights off.<BR>After that I will take the train to Paris. The same question applies. Besides Eiffel, and the Louvre, where else shall I go. I would spend there about 4 days mostly walking or by the metro.<BR>Thanks for your help

Old Apr 10th, 2001, 05:36 AM
dan woodlief

What times of day do you have free time, since you are going on a business trip?

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 04:33 AM
Elspeth

London - depends on how much free time you have. Start by taking a bus tour, they are generally about 2-4 hours long and will give you a general overview of all the interesting bits. <BR>Go to St Paul's Cathedral and climb to the top, if it is a nice day... <BR>Tower of London - this is an absolute must. <BR>Don't go to Buckingham Palace unless you're REALLY keen - it's very expensive and you don't get to see all that much. <BR> <BR>In Paris, make sure you see Notre Dame - agin, climb this if it's a nice day <BR>Sacre Coeur - a personal favourite <BR>Musee D'Orsay

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 06:16 PM
xxx

In london, British Museum and Tower of London. In Paris, on a sunny day - St. Chapelle (near Notre Dame) - has the BEST stained glass in France with maybe the exception of Chartres. On a sunny day it is like walking through liquid light.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 03:19 PM
London Visitor

Most of the attractions seem to shut down around 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm so if you have afternoons you should be okay for the Tower, etc. For you evenings I would suggest "London Walks" (http://www.walks.com/)

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 07:38 PM
abbe

Dear Hector, <BR>I'm leaving for my 5th or 6th trip to London next Thursday, but I've been to Paris many times and I was pleased to agree with the response of Elspeth. She has concentrated the essence of the best of Paris from my point of view. It is rare that I get as close to Paris as I will this time and don't go. I'm jealous you are going. Enjoy as much time as you can there!