Museum Reservations in Italy

Mar 19th, 1999, 06:04 AM
Paul

Museum Reservations in Italy

I recently found the web site for making reservations for museums in Florence. It looks great. Are there similar sites for the other cities? Is it necessary? Are there passes that cover all or most of the museums in the entire country? How would i get these?

Mar 21st, 1999, 05:48 PM
Paula

I made reservations for the Uffizi last summer and we went to the head of the line and got right in; there was a charge. I'm sure that there are other places to make reservations but I don't know about any passes. We also made reservations to see the ballet in the Boboli Gardens and enjoyed it very much - same with the opera festival in Verona. All the reservations were made over the internet - no problems.

Mar 25th, 1999, 11:44 AM
rosemarie

hi paul:
i'd certainly like the web address for making museum reservations. and any other info you might like to pass along. i am just starting my research on italy. find it all too confusing. i presume your not going with a tour group?

Mar 25th, 1999, 12:01 PM
Paul

Hi Rosemarie:
The web address for reservations at many museums in Florence is www.weekendafirenze.com. Yes, we are not going on a tour. Would like to find other such sites for the other cities if possible. Good luck!

Apr 8th, 1999, 03:45 PM
Natasha

Checked the 'www.weekendafirenze.com' website & they charge a small fee for advance ticket sales. Then when I looked at the 'official' Uffizi Gallery website (www.uffizi.firenze.it), it doesn't appear that you can buy tickets directly from them. Is that correct?
Or if I choose to call the Uffizi & make reservations, is that just as good as buying thru that other website?

Apr 8th, 1999, 06:50 PM
J. Morton

Paul, I was in Florence mid-March and the wait to get into the Uffizi was 2 hours. In line, my new friends and I read in the guide book that tickets are available at the Travel Information Center at the train stations. Someone else suggested that the lines for the Sistine Chapel in Rome were even longer and that advance tickets are available. I would suggest checking it out if time is important.