Search

Murren in June

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Adam

Murren in June

We plan on spending several days in the Berner Oberland towards the middle of June.<BR><BR>We will be driving so we considered staying in Lauterbrunnen but the more I read I think Murren sounds nicer (although we will have to leave the car in Lauterbrunnen).<BR><BR>Is the hiking goood that time of year or will we encounter lots of snow still? Any recommendations for hotels in Murren. <BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Bob Brown

I think you will have a good chance of finding snow free trails if the mountain side has a southern exposure.<BR>The snow pack in the Alps this year, according to what I heard, has been light. Snow machines were the salvation.<BR>I have one biggie hike to recommend:<BR>First gondola station to the Faulhorn.<BR>The trail has a southern exposure and should be relatively free of snow.<BR>However, even in August there can be patches. The hike is a classic.<BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Geri

During early June is one of these mountain towns or lake towns warmer than another?? We would love to be in or near the mountains but don't like cold weather. Unfortunately, we can't go later in the summer.???

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Bob Brown

I don't think you will freeze in Wengen or M&uuml;rren at night in mid June. Afterall, you will have over 13 hours of daylight.<BR>Interlaken is the lowest, hence the warmest. But if you have a thick cloud cover, any of the places can be cool.<BR>I take along my Polarfleece pullover and have no problems.<BR><BR>