munich in november?

Sep 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

munich in november?

We are considering a trip to Munich in early November. I have checked out wunderground and it appears the weather is somewhat unpredictable that time of year but that we should expect 40s and not necessarily sunny. We have been to Paris and Rome in November and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite some cooler weather and grayer days. What I don't want is weather that will keep us from getting out and about. Any thoughts or comments?
Sep 19th, 2010, 12:53 PM

>>>not necessarily sunny<<<

You will be very lucky if you will see the sun at all. Expect rainy, nasty weather and short, dark, dreary days. In other words: perfect museum weather.
Sep 19th, 2010, 12:55 PM

The weather in these parts of the world is somewhat unpredictable all year round and unfortunately it does not care what people want or don't want... Locals say, though, that there is no bad weather but only wrong clothing. Expect a temperature range between -5 and +15°C (sorry I don't speak Fahrenheit so you have to translate this for yourself) and a mix of everything weatherwise, prepare to survive rainy and windy conditions.
Sep 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM

I'm working Mo to Fr, on Friday after work, I board a plane southbound coming back on Sunday evening. I don't need rain and wind and darkness after work every day. . And the fog is starting, not as bad as a little later in the year but your choices are rain (LOW pressure) or fog (High pressure). But above the clouds, the sun is still shining.
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:20 AM

"there is no bad weather but only wrong clothing."

I agree and we go to Germany in late November for the 6th time, the 4th at that same time of year as that is when we can take a longer vacation.

We have had all kinds of weather but we bring appropriate clothing and it does not hamper our enjoyment.