Search

Munich Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Anna

Munich Hotels

I am looking ofr a hotel/pension in a relatively safe area in Munich for around $40-$60. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Melissa

http://www.hotel-uhland.de/ <BR> <BR>Hotel Uhland has English speaking staff, internet access, and a couple of friendly dogs. Clean, safe, and good breakfast!

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 04:10 AM
Donna

I concur with the Hotel Uhland. Stayed there in fall of '98 and it was great.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 04:19 AM
Monica

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Blauer Bock. Here’s what I wrote on my travel page (http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html): <BR> <BR>HOTEL BLAUER BOCK, Sebastianplatz 9, 80331 München. Tel: 49 (89) 231780, Fax: 089 23178-200. 160DM w/breakfast. No credit cards accepted. We actually ended up paying 170DM per night for a room facing a backcourt area. The front faced a street where construction was going on during the day. Our room, #67, the smallest of all we have stayed in while in Germany, was fine for us. The room had the same amenities as the other hotels: bathroom with shower (and curtain), bed, a small table and 2 chairs, tv, and closet with plenty of space and hangers. We were glad to bring a couple of small soaps because this hotel provides one per every other day and they were small. This hotel is in a good location. It is in the Sebastianplatz, which is a 2-minute walk to the Viktualianmarkt (one of my favorite markets!). It is a 5-minute walk to the Mairenplatz, U/S Bahn and other sights are nearby. In the Sebastianplatz, there are a few restaurants/cafes. One great restaurant is Kyris, a Greek place; and attached to the hotel is a Philippine restaurant, Manila, where breakfast is served. Breakfast includes plain yogurt, breads, meats, cheese, coffee, tea, and orange juice, milk, fresh fruit, cereal, and soft-boiled eggs. Good hotel choice! <BR>

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 04:29 AM
lori

Munich! A great City! <BR> <BR>We stayed near the main train station at Hotel Drei Lowen Residenz (not the bigger, fancier Drei Lowen around the corner). It was very nice and clean and good breakfast buffet. If you go on the weekend, many hotels offer a low weekend rate. We paid about $85. for a double. <BR>Another Hotel name that cam up often was Hotel Jederman. We had a very friendly response from them. <BR> <BR>Try the Munich-Tourist website. It has a good listing of Munich Hotels as well as pictures. <BR> <BR>A few years ago, my son and friends went to Oktoberfest and stayed on the outskirts but near the train stop. I think it was a Comfort Inn or something like that. Will see if I can get the info. The rate was half of what they would have paid in town and only a 8 - 10 minute train ride to Munich center. They were very pleased.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 10:34 AM
Anna

Thanks for your advice. Has anyone stayed at Pension Seibel?

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 10:44 AM
Monica

Pension Seibel was one of my choices when I was researching hotels for Munich. If you end up there, I'd like to hear how you liked it!

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 02:55 PM
Anna

My husband and I stayed at Pension Seibel in 1999. Our room was furnished with Bavarian style furniture, it was clean with a nice tiled bath with shower. The included breakfast was excellent. We liked the location, less than 2 blocks from the Viktualienmarkt and 5 or 6 blocks to Marienplatz. We have reservations there again this September during Oktoberfest. They also have a shoe store on the first floor that had Mephisto shoes for good prices. I think the nightly rate may be higher than the range you are looking for though.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 06:54 PM
Maria

Anna,<BR><BR>I returned from Munich recently. We planned to spend several nights at Hotel Blauer Bock, the hotel mentioned by Monica above; however, we checked out after only one night. If you are sensitive to smoke, I recommend against staying at that hotel. Our room wreaked!!! We left the one small window open all night, but that did not help much. My husband still noticed the smoke odor, and I couldn’t sleep because of traffic noise from the busy street below! Our room at Hotel Blauer Bock cost 160 DM. It had a spacious bathroom, but had two twin beds instead of a double bed and did not have a television. The next day we moved to Pension Lindner – only a block away – and were very pleased with it. Not only was this Pension better in our eyes, but it cost half as much! More money for bier and pretzels! Our room at the Pension was 80 DM a night and did not include a private bathroom , but I think rooms with private bathrooms are available. Our room did have a sink, though. The room was very nice – colorful, lots of windows, tv, good breakfast in a cute little café. It is also in a good location on a side street a few blocks from Marienplatz and the Viktualienmarkt. I don’t have details on the address/phone number, but this Pension is mentioned in Rick Steves’ book.<BR><BR>Hope you enjoy your trip!!

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 08:14 PM
Anna

Thanks to all for your advice. I have made reservations at Pension Seibel, a little higher than I had hoped, but it just seemed like a great location. Thanks again for your advice.