Reload this Page >

Multi city trip to Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 09:23 AM
bing

Our first time in Europe for 20 days including travel time starting May 11. Our first itineary will be Madrid (plan to stay 2 days)and Malaga(plan to stay 2 days)and will depart from Zurich on May 30. We plan to visit Paris, Italy, Rome, Venice, Geneva, and Zurich. Will somebody give us suggestions on how to divide our remaining days to spend in each city taking into consideration the train ride in between cities and places to see. We plan to purchase a eurorail pass and will you let us know how many days should we purchase.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Danni

Sorry, I cannot advise you on all of <BR>the cities you mentioned, but I would <BR>suggest that you make sure you spend <BR>some time in the old town section of <BR>Zurich. We loved it. We also took the <BR>train up into the Alps from Zurich on <BR>a day trip. Enjoy! <BR>

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Danni

Sorry, I cannot advise you on all of <BR>the cities you mentioned, but I would <BR>suggest that you make sure you spend <BR>some time in the old town section of <BR>Zurich. We loved it. We also took the <BR>train up into the Alps from Zurich on <BR>a day trip. Enjoy! <BR>

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 03:05 PM
StCirq

I just did the math (8 cities plus "italy") in 19 days, minus two for arrival and departure, making 17 days for travel - and it doesn't work, unless you spend one night in each place and one day traveling to the next. Sounds more like a forced march than a vacation to me.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Deb

bing, You may be trying to get too much in. If you decided 3 days minimum for Paris, 3 for Rome, 2 for Venice and I don't know what "Italy"means in your post, maybe an error or maybe there were other places you wanted to go. If you figure two days out for your arrival and depature, you have already used 14 days and so that leaves three each for Geneva and Zurich. It can certainly be done. You should do a night train from Paris to save travel time and probably the same from Madrid. Some of your train trips will be pretty long so you lose a fair amount of time in transit. Go to the eurorail site and enter your destinations and it will tell you how much time between each location. Good luck.