Move over France Here comes Italy

Oct 4th, 2002, 09:07 AM
sandra

Move over France Here comes Italy

I have noticed in the past 6 months there has been a huge swing to planning vacations to Italy rather then the usual trips to France. When I first found this board it seemed the majority of travelers here were died in the wool Paris fans. Now I notice a ground swell of Italy posters.
Is Italy replacing France as the new vacation spot. I have to admit after 5 years of France based trips I visited Italy and it too has won my heart. Our next vacation will start in Nice ( Cannes) and then slide into the majority of travcel in Italy

Oct 4th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Ginette

Sandra: After several visits to France, I too decided to visit Italy, especially Tuscany, this past September. I arrived in Nice, spent a few days in St-Paul-de-Vence and Cagnes-sur-mer, then motored to Italy, overnighting in Genoa and Santa Margarita Liguri. We then spent ten wonderful days in a farmhouse near San Gimignano, visiting Florence, Siena and the Chianti region. I would go back in a flash!

Oct 4th, 2002, 09:41 AM
italophile

France may be the most visited country, but Italy has always ALWAYS been a popular destination. Lately some parts of Italy that were previously less visited are becoming more common tourist destinations. But vacationing in Italy is certainly nothing new. I personally know more people who travel to Italy than France, and many more people who travel repeatedly to Italy than to France. Both countries are wonderful in my opinion, but when I must choose, I usually choose Italy.

Oct 4th, 2002, 10:05 AM
told

Italy always has been the number one destination. France? The nice parts used to be part of Italy. That's why they are the nice parts.

Oct 4th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Wooooooo

France is really scared!

Oct 4th, 2002, 07:07 PM
topper

ttt