Formula One - Grand Prix 2002

Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:58 AM
A.M.

Formula One - Grand Prix 2002

My husband and I would like to attend a F1 race in Europe next year. Have any of you attended one in Europe? If so, which one do you recommend. We have been to the ones in Canada and US.
Thanks,
A.M.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:10 PM
cheryl

Went to the one in Monaco and had a great time.Go to the site www.gptours.com and have them send a grand prix tours book it will give you some information on all the races.I think any would be great.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:45 PM
Rex

I have been to Monza (September) - - went to a practice day, not race day. There are more details here on an earlier post:

"Italian Gran Prix/Milan Questions"

http://www.fodors.com/forums/crossro...messagesframe&

which I will "bring back up to the top" for you.

Hey - - what happened to the new shorter URLs for referencing a thread?

Best wishes,

Rex

Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:30 PM
A.M.

Thanks Cheryl and Rex for your responses. We do receive the GP Tours mag. Is it your opinion that using them would be the best way to go?
A.M.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 02:21 PM
Rex

Don't know anything about the GP Tours to which you refer. Getting race tickets is not the problem. Book your accommodations well in advance - - especially if you want to stay out at (BEAUTIFUL) Lake Como - - amongst all the "beautiful" people!

I am NOT a Grand Prix enthusiast - - I am a EUROPE TRAVEL enthusiast - - but it was fun to go there with people who liked that "atmosphere". You get people who want to go - - I will (help you) put together a trip (for you), no problem. Lead it yourself, or I will do it with you/for you.

Feel free to write to me.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 02:49 PM
cheryl

I thought the GP tour book might help but we did it ourself and it is a lot cheaper. As Rex said be sure to get hotel room early. We are big fans of F1 and watch every race and most places look great--but I am a great fan of Italy and south of France--go twice a year--so I'm partial to those races.
Cheryl

Jul 2nd, 2001, 07:40 PM
Serge

I tried to get tics for Monaco this year and was unable to do so. I think Monaco and Italy are the most popular, no?

Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:46 PM
Andy

Hi AM-WE WERE ON A CRUISE SHIP- the Windsurf the end of May and ended up in Monte Carlo the day of the prelimenary races of the formula ones and the porsches==my husband just walked into the stands and sat down and took photos--He did NOT ever need a tkt to the preliminary races...He has bee before when he was stationed in Europe many years ago--I think you only need tkts on the day of the actual main race....

Jul 3rd, 2001, 07:42 PM
A.M.

Thanks everyone for your responses, my husband went on a F1 chat room and it was suggested there that Spain would be the easiest to get tics. for and find lodging. It all seems so complicated sometimes. Rex as we get closer to making our plans I shall remember your offer to help. If anyone wants info on the Canadian or the US race I shall be happy to offer my assistance.
A.M.

Jul 5th, 2001, 06:34 AM
xxx

top.

Nov 8th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Kay

What is the traffic like from Bellagio to Monte Carlo the day before the race? Should I avoid this drive? Thanks.

Nov 8th, 2001, 08:28 AM
run

I've attended last year at the G.P.in Monza and the year before I was in S.Marino .The second one is better for view and restaurants(do you know emilia-romagna cuisine?)
I found help in catherina who operates in Italy and knows these great events.
You can contact her at [email protected]

Oct 4th, 2002, 07:10 PM