Search

Moulin rouge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moulin rouge

I am travelling to Paris and have to go to moulin rouge! My granddaughter will be 5 and she will have to come with me. It states children from 6, but do they check ages?
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:23 AM

I don't know if they check ages but why on earth would you think it a good idea to take a young child to see a Vegas style review? You do know it's not the Rockette's right? Nudity aside, will she sit through it?
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they check ages like they at least used to enforce the dress code then you have a problem but of course you can always lie about the child's age.

I am sorry but nobody HAS to go to much of anything much less drag some whining kid along.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 04:17 AM

I went there when I was 8 and I fell asleep, probably from jet lag since I still remember the nudity!
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 04:23 AM

You HAVE to go? Why? Are you dancing? It is not worth the very high expense and I certainly wouldn't take a 5-year old.

Then, of course, there is always the chance that this is a troll.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:13 AM
ira

>... have to go to moulin rouge! My granddaughter will be 5 and she will have to come with me.<

You have to go, why?
She has to come along, why?
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM

Have you cleared this with the parents?
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM

I'm not a prude but I certainly don't think it appropriate to take a 5 year old child to a nude review. (What sort of view of the world is this giving her? Women's only value is to parade around naked?) Nor, frankly, can I see why anyone else HAS to go. It sounds terminally boring and very old fashioned.

And - I concur - have the parents agreed to this?
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I recently was helping an eighty year old couple plan their first trip to Paris since 1968. They remembered going to one of these revues, I think it was Folies Bergere. I smiled and asked what they thought of the topless dancers. The wife said she was so distracted by the costumes and the feathers that she didn't notice the dancers were topless for quite some time. Her husband did not have the same experience.

I suspect the five year old will be more like the wife.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I suspect the five year old will be more like the wife.>>

or asleep.

or worse, bored and figgety so that your enjoyment will be diminished. not to mention that of your fellow spectators.

I'm having a job imagining what you think that you will see at the Moulin Rouge that you would want to take a 5 year old to - and that's not being prudish but practical.

good luck with whatever you decide to do!
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Who in their right mind would pay the price of a ticket to take a 5 year old to something that is so obviously appropriate - and at a time when the child should be in bed.

On his/her other post the OP says s/he is traveling to Bangkok with daughter and 5 year old. Which is it?
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

We are travelling to both as well as Tokyo, Spain, France Italy and Denmark. Nudity, why is this such a problem? Children can see far worse on tv.whilst travelling many things will probably be boring for a child.
My granddaughter (shock horror) has seen naked females and males before in her family and I don't think this has scarred her too much.yes ideally it is not a place to take her but whilst travelling we have no option , I am sure if we go to beaches we will also see some nudity as well.
Please don't be so quick to judge! My parenting skills have producedI 3 amazing adult children and my beautiful autistic granddaughter is not a whinning kid!
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
it just got worse.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Go for it. Take the tot to a stupid, nudie, fake, overpriced French show and tell her she's seen Paris. What in heck do you mean "whilst traveling we have no option?" You have every option in the world and a thousand and one things you could do with her that would be a better use of your time! It's Paris fer chrissakes!

What's "whinning" anyway? Do you mean whining? And if so, why would she be whining, except for when she figures out her grandma took her to see a really dumb show in Montmartre and it's late and she's exhausted?

This may be the stupidest idea I've ever seen on a travel forum.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:01 PM

And how much time has this 5 year old spent around a lot of naked adults? Don't the members if your family own clothes?

Voluntary nudity for adults is one thing - but for a small child a lot of naked people running around is totally inappropriate. Otherwise how will she ever learn socially acceptable behavior and her right to personal privacy? Sounds like setting her up to be a victim of a pedophile.

And I can;t imagine taking a 5 year old - with autism yet - to this kind of a performance. Don;t know where on the spectrum she falls - but many kids with autism have short attention spans and a lot of trouble behaving quietly - never mind the average 5 year old. What will keep her occupied?
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM

St. Cirq, I am awfully worried this isn't a grandmother, but a grandfather, making it just YUCK.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Original Poster

I asked one question! Keep your opinions to yourself as I am not seeking your advice.
Your comments are reflecting your own sick misconceptions!
I hope your children are as good as mine considering their judgemental parents!
I offer no advice just hope you don't let them perceive the world out there as you see it!
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:13 PM

kavanette,

You might be taken more seriously if you would explain why, of all that is available in Paris, you insist that you must go to Le Moulin Rouge with a 5 year old. Otherwise you appear to be a troll.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:22 AM

<<I am not seeking your advice>>

Yes you are. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here asking an idiotic question. And by the way, you NEED advice. We're not the sick ones here.

LBloom, I hadn't thought of that, but oh dear, I hope it's not the case.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:36 AM

I don't think a 5 yr old will be permanently damaged by a night at the Moulin Rouge but do think it is very selfish, thoughtless and a complete waste of money to take a child there.

I hope they do check her age and turn you away. It's doubtful they will, to answer your original question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -