Search

Moulin Rouge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Cassandra

Moulin Rouge

I loved the movie and got the dvd for Christmas. I'd love to go see the show in person. But will I feel out of place as a solo traveler? What is the cost of the show? Does anyone know how I'd go about making reservations? Thanks from a 1st time Paris visitor!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Ursula

Cassandra: You can find all details at<BR>www.moulinrouge.fr<BR>Show at 9 pm is 89 euros<BR>Show at 11 pm is 79 euros<BR>If you go solo, book at seat at the bar, that's even cheaper, I think 59 euros. Not sure how comfortable you will feel being solo, though. Depends really on you.<BR>I think you can make reservations online.<BR>Have fun.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Jennifer

Cassandra -<BR><BR>I too have made many trips solo and found it uncomfortable at times. However, if you really want to see the show you should go instead of spending your time wishing you had gone. You will only remember the show as you think back on it, not how uncomfortable you may have felt at the time. Enjoy - it will be fun.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Denise

Is the Moulin Rouge mainly attractive to men, or do couples also attend this performance? Is it in a nice neighborhood or would my female friends and I feel uncomfortable?

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 02:26 PM
GGinSF

Denise, couples certainly attend, as do entire tour groups. It's more of a Las Vegas-style review, not a down & dirty strip show (that's close by for those who are looking for it). <BR><BR>As to the neighborhood, it's at one end of a 2-3 block stretch of strip joints & sex shops. The far end of this strip is Pigalle, which is more seedy than Place Blance from what I saw. If you get off at the Place Blanche metro stop, the Moulin Rouge is right there so you really don't have to wander past all the strip joints. If you head up the hill on Rue Lepic, the Montmarte neighborhood is charming. <BR><BR>As for feeling uncomfortable, it depends on you. Have you been to Broadway near Columbus in SF? Time Square in NY? These places are also a bit seedy but tourists flock there all the time.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Lucy

By all measn go just be prepared that teh present day Moulin Rouge looks nowhere near as spectacular as it did in the movie - its actually fairly faded & wornlooking

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:56 AM
zarg

ttt

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:56 AM
topper

ttt for Ruth