Search

mougins to nice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mougins to nice

I am bringing my daughter to Mougins in July to do a ballet program at Rosella Hightower. She will be staying in the dorms there. I will rent a car from Nice to bring her there, but the problem is how to get her from Mougins back to Nice Airport to come home! I know a taxi would be costly, but probably less so than me flying back and renting a car to get her! Do they have "airport shuttles" like the US? Once I bring her there I will ask the school's suggestions--but in the meantime I am worrying!

Also I have found a lovely hotel nearer Grasse to stay for a couple of days before we drop her off. It will be myself and my two teenage daughters. Any restaurant suggestions in the Grasse/Mougins area would be appreciated (keeping in mind I have teenagers in tow!). And also shopping--they particularly like fashion markets!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 05:51 AM

The best source of information would be the school. I don't know of any airport shuttles from as far away as Mougins. But there is a bus from Mougins to Cannes
http://www.villedemougins.com/plan/planville.html

and a bus from Cannes to the airport.

http://www.beyond.fr/travel/airnice.html

If there are other girls taking the same class, perhaps they could share a taxi.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 06:15 AM

As McLaurie says; check with the school first. I also don't know a direct bus from Mougins to the airport. Going to Cannes first will add a lot of extra time to the journey. From Mougins its only 20 minutes to Nice Airport.
There are lots of restaurants in the town square. Just on the outside of the center of town is les Muscadins, which is now a pizzeria, but has great views over Cannes.
Take you teenagers into Cannes to look at the shops on the Croisette and Rue d'Antibes.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:32 AM

Our favorite restaurant in Mougins is Le Feu Follet; our French friends like it too, and they have three teenagers-- who always order the escargots to start with.

What hotel did you choose? We're looking at rentals but might have to settle for a hotel. The only one near Grasse that sounds "lovely" is the very expensive Bastide St-Antoine, but there must be others I haven't foundyet.

Your daughter could take the bus from Mougins to Cannes and then the train/bus to the Nice airport. Or, she could take a bus up to Grasse and get the train to Cannes there, then transfer to Nice. The Cannes/Grasse line was only completed last year; so it might not be on the SNCF schedule yet.

As to shopping, you might want to take your daughters down to the large shopping mall near St-Laurent; there's a nice Galeries Lafayette and many boutiques as well. Cannes, too. I don't think you'll find much in Grasse (and by the way, our French friends caution against being in Grasse in the evening).
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Actually a B&B: www.bastide-oliviers.com.
We are not looking to hang out in Grasse--we're only trying to get in the vicinity of Mougins (where the ballet school is) with a triple room, some atmosphere, parking, a pool and not a fortune!

I have heard from the school and they suggested a limo service--it will be about 80 euros!--but hopefully there'll be another student or two to share the ride with...or she can do the bus route--she is a city kid and used to public transportation!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 10:53 PM

I would see if she can share the taxi. Going to Cannes first will make it a long journey, and from Mougins it's really very fast to get to the airport on the motorway.
The shopping mall near the airport is Cap 3000.
Cannes has some very expensive shops, but you will also find shops like Zara, and small boutiques in the Rue Antibes area. Mougins has lots of art galleries, not much clothes shopping.
Another nearby town we like is Valbonne. There's a nice square with some reasonable restaurants, and small shops.