Search

Motorcoach Tour

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:57 PM
John Johnson

Motorcoach Tour

My wife and I are thinking of a motorcoach tour of Europe(northern Italy,Germany ect) in Sept.Is that the best way to see Europe(first time) is the time right and we are paying $2000 each includes most everything from Milwaukee Wi.is the price right? Tks for any info.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:09 PM
Jim Rosenberg

It COULD be about right -- but it's difficult to say without knowing how many days are involved, what the deal is on meals and airfare, etc. What is far more important is if that is the type of experience you want to have.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:31 PM
Jan

John<BR>I cannot comment on the $v as I am from Australia, but for a first time Europe visit the coach tour is really your best option. It allows you to get a feel for the countries you will see, you have the help and guidence of the tour director which is just great for a first visit!<BR>Good luck with your tour, September will be a lovely time to travel there!

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:58 PM
joe

make sure the tour's hotels are in the city center not on the outskirts. you will make many friends on a bus tour.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:32 AM
Hiho

Don't agreee that a motorcoah tour is the best way to see Europe for a first-timer. I suppose it could be for somwone is is hesitant to go on their own, unsure of themselves in a place where another language is spoken, etc. You centainly get to see a lot of sites on these tours, probably more than on ones own. But you often move around too quickly, dont stay in intersting areas of cities, have no choice for meals, etc. It also seems that some portion of pople on tours barely know where they are. If you go on your own, you are forced to confront your surroundings more. <BR><BR>My boss is going to Europe (Italy) for the first time this summer. Its a 14 day tour, at an extremely fast pace. She definitly can check off that she saw a lot of cathedrals, etc., but really, the pace is too quick - one full day in Venice, two in Rome, one in Sorrento, plus a lot more in 14 days. The brochure even boasts that at dinners, you always get TWO choices for entrees!!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Pauline

John Johnson,<BR>I'm a solo traveller and have taken coach tours of the UK & Ireland & Italy and later this year taking another coach tour that covers Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Warsaw, Berlin & Prague.<BR>You don't say who the tour company is that you are travelling with. Not that it really matters.<BR><BR>IMHO, if neither you or your spouse have travelled overseas before, a coach tour is the best way of visiting lots of cities and visiting lots of sights for minimum expense and trauma.<BR><BR>If you are an experienced o/seas traveller take hiho's advice, and go it alone.