Motion Sickness On Bus Tours

Oct 8th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Ruth

Motion Sickness On Bus Tours

My husband and I would like to take Tour of Ireland. He is afraid of a bus tour, as he suffers from Motion sickness, when riding in the back of a bus. Pills that you take for motion sickness make him sleepy and the patch has side effects that he cannot tolerate. Do tours make seating accomaditions for people who have a motion sickness problem.

Oct 8th, 2002, 08:36 AM
bettyk

Suggest your husband tries Bonine for his problem. We used it on our cruise and it worked great. It is a "non drowsy" formula.

Oct 8th, 2002, 09:21 AM
mhm

Many bus tours practice Seat rotation, which would mean that you would not be sitting in the back of the bus every day. You usually rotate seats in a counter-clockwise pattern, as directed by thetour director. Along with the Bonine, that might keep him from having problems. I suppose that accomodations might be made, but from reading this and other BB, I think that motion sickness is common, and there aren't enough front seats to accomodate everyone.

Oct 9th, 2002, 06:48 AM
alisa

Ruth, I suffer from motion sickness very easily. But I also took a bus tour of Europe for 22 days and each day I took a non-drowsy form of Dramamine. It worked great. I was even able to read on the bus (which is unheard of for me). If I wanted to sleep, I slept great, if I wanted to be awake, I was fine. Hope this helps. Only downside, it really dehydrates you, so I was constantly having to goto the bathroom.

Oct 9th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Dori

Highly agree with Bonine (over the counter). Just recommended it to someone last weekend who suffers from severe motion sickness and even he said it worked great on him.

Oct 9th, 2002, 08:20 AM
b

I have a friend who also experiences motion sickness. He has found that he is much better if he is in the aisle seat instead of in the window seat watching the scenery move by. I don't know if it's a confidence thing - knowing he is in the aisle and that much closer to the restroom if he needs it... But if your tour does rotate seats, that might be something he wants to try. Most people would want the window, so might be willing to give up their aisle seat.