Most Romantic Hotel in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have searched for days now looking for that quintessential romantic Parisian hotel. Any suggestions?
The budget is between a two and three star hotel and we prefer to stay in a more artsy, lively area; rather than a glamorous neighborhood. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 06:53 PM

I don't think it's the hotel as much as the person sharing your room.
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 09:29 PM

We enjoyed Hotel St. Germain Des Pre on our first trip to Paris in 1999.

http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h7...aindespres.htm
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 01:38 AM

Hard for us to know what you consider romantic. Is it furnishings, a view, a nice bathroom?? You also should give a price rather than stars. Here is a thread where someone is asking for a nice view. It gives several suggestions, but maybe more importantly, might get you to start thinking about what features are important.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34543854

The Hotel Bonaparte is often touted on this board and well liked. I know it's affordable and nice, clean and well located. Whether it's romantic I can't say. The Hôtel St-Jacques was the hotel in the movie Charade. It's 2 star I think. The Villa Montparnasse gets good reviews and is about 100e/night but is not very centrally located. The Hotel des Saints Peres on the Rue Saints Peres is also well liked. Finally, on a thread back in October, someone looking for a room for a honeymoon selected the Louis II. Here are 3 reviews that might help.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...de_France.html

On the same street as Louis II is L'Odeon, also reputed to be charming and atmospheric
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...mp;tid=1298067
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 02:28 AM

Try the Hotel Rive Gauche in the heart of Saint Germain des Près...This hotel is a 2 star hotel, rue des Saint Pères in the 6th...The rooms on the courtyard are better because you have less noise...but even on the street, that's OK! I stayed 3 nights during summer in this hotel and was happy...The decoration is the typically French and artistic view of you can have from Saint Germain des Près...I really appreciate it! In my opinion, it could be a good hotel for what you are searching for...
I let you visit the website: www.hotelrivegauche.com! Have a good stay in Paris!
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 04:04 AM

Hotel le Notre Dame (not Hotel de Notre Dame as often mentioned here). 3 stars, in the Latin Quarter, on the quai St Michel facing Note Dame. The top floor 'rustic duplex' rooms (sous les toits de Paris !) are charming, romantic and have a fantastic view.