Reload this Page >

Most famous pastry place in Vienna?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 09:22 AM
Lisa

Hello there.<BR><BR>This is my first time posting on the Europe board. We are planning a trip to Vienna next fall and I've been trying to remember the name of a real famous pastry cafe there. I believe it's near where they used to train the Royal Lipizzaner Stallions but I'm not really sure. Anyway I think it's one of the most famous pastry places in Vienna--if not the world.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance,<BR><BR>Lisa (I'm not)

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 10:07 AM
Wayne

The most famous of all the pastry shops is Demel. That's the one you are probably trying to remember.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 10:17 AM
betyk

Wayne is right. Demel's is located on Kohlmarkt which is near St. Stephan's. Many people also like to have Sachertorte at the Sacher Hotel which is at the beginning of Kartnerstrasse near the Opera.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 11:26 AM
Lisa

Demel's! That's it! I was there when I was about twelve and wanted to return during our Wien trip next fall. Is it still any good?<BR><BR>Thanks Wayne and betyk!<BR><BR>Lisa (my eyes are not blue)

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:58 AM
CoachBoy

Demel is the one...however, the pastries are on the SWEET side, too much so for my taste.<BR><BR>Unfortunately I can't remember any of the others I enjoyed.<BR><BR>Just try them all!!!<BR><BR>CoachBoy

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Linda

Demel is very nice and you can enjoy people watching as well. The other is Sacher, as there is a conflict between them as to who invented the &quot;Sacher&quot; torte