Reload this Page >

Mosel River Overnight

Search

Mosel River Overnight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Gunther

Mosel River Overnight

We are planning to go down the Mosel river for a day in July. Since we are staying near Bonn I would like to make the most of the river towns and maybe stay overnight. Any special romantic hotels or Pensions you could suggest??

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:10 PM
mystery woman

You sound like a true romantic, sure any night spent with you would be romantic, but a little mosel wine and who knows what could happen....

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Wayne

On a more serious note than the previous reply, stop in the town of Cochem and stay in the Hotel Triton, which (if you get a riverfront room) looks out across the Mosel River at the magnificent Castle of Cochem, one of the prettiest castles in all of Germany. You can walk up to the castle, explore it, and even eat in the restaurant there. And Cochem is a nice little village for exploring.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Jersey girl

I think Bernkasel is romantic, anyone else????

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 01:55 PM
jeri

Any wineries to visit here?

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Erik

Try Bernkasel!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 01:52 PM
ggg

try trier

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 06:22 PM
ann

Try Cochem. It is a scenic little town.<BR>We stayed at the Burg Hotel. Very funky but totally delightful.<BR>We had a balcony off our room which offered the beautiful panoramic veiws of the river, vinyards,etc..The caslte is beautiful!!!!<BR>It has a lobby like nooooooo other, unusual antiques,funky but very cozy!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Joe

Gunther: Cochem is great village for touring; medieval, quaint, lots of shops, cafes and great riverside views. For lodging try the Hotel Alte Thorschenke in Cochem. Three star in a 1332 building; four posters, lots of lace, antique furniture, modern bathrooms. Wondrful spot. Please, please do not miss the castle Burg Elze. Arguably the most beautiful castle in Europe.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Cindy

Can't help you a lot, because I was there as a teen on a bicycle trip, and can barely remember the various towns (do remember Cochem and Trier, though) or route, even. BUT what I DO remember was Berg Eltz. It was really fun -- we hiked for about an hour to get there, and that was part of the mystique.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:37 PM
melissadicicco

Hi Gunther~<BR>I would also recommend Cochem. We stayed in a lovely hotel (Lohspeicher) which can be seen at www.lohspeicher.de. There was no view, but I remember the price was very reasonable. It is also very convenient for walking around the town, and the food in the restaurant was wonderful.<BR>While we were there, we also visited Burg Elz and took a boat ride to some of the smaller towns along the Mosel. In Cochem, we also went to 2 wine producers and did tours and tastings.<BR>Have a great trip!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:20 AM
castle

tp

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:42 AM
jw

topping to read more about the Mosel. Is it industry-free? Crowded? Any good websites so we can take a look? Thanks.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:34 AM
sue

we stayed in Bremm( recommended to us by our German friends and their relatives who travel there often), a little nook onthe Mosel with a nice view, be sure to get a balcony to sit on and sip some wonderful Mosel wine.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:15 PM
Tim

Piesporter is a great wine from that region.