hotel in Florence

Apr 1st, 2002, 02:19 AM
Toni

hotel in Florence

We (couple from Calif.) have 4 days in Florence in May. I booked at Hotel Goldini (off a website)but now I have anxiety...Any advise for a small, fabulous,charming, authentic,great location hotel for about $160 eur (or less is even better).
I appreciate all advise.

Apr 1st, 2002, 04:57 AM
Denise

Do a search on this board. Many, including my brother stayed at the Hotel Casci (they have their own website) and the Hotel Belletini and loved both. I know the Casci is relatively inexpensive and offers great hospitality. It's also in a convenient location. I stayed at the Locanda di Servetti (more expensive) but loved the antiquity of the place. Built in the 12th Century. If you do a search, you will find many recommendations. Good luck,

Denise

Apr 1st, 2002, 07:41 AM
sally

I don't know about the Hotel Goldoni but I just returned from a stay at the Beacci Tornabuoni in Florence. It was very charming, good location and very nice people. Our room was small but comfortable at 175 euros (about $153 US Dollars). See the rants and raves section and their website (you'll have to do a google search as I can't remember the web address).

Apr 1st, 2002, 09:35 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Toni, See above and add Morandi alla Crocetta. Both fit your bill.

Apr 1st, 2002, 07:50 PM
Toni

Thanks for the suggestions. The websites for crocetta and Tournaluoni look fantastic. Toni

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:11 PM

Hi Toni, I stayed @ the Goldoni last October and it was fine - nice breakfast room that was also good to take a break in during the day, write a postcard, plan the day's activities...room smallish but very clean, quiet, pleasant. Only negative about the Goldoni was the guy at the front desk when I checked in - a real prick. Just callin' em like I see 'em! But the hotel itself was just fine. Also - FYI - wasn't crazy about how they didn't change the sheets daily! (Every other day). Got some spiel about how this was SOP in Italia. Hmm.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:18 PM
Toni

thanks for info about Goldoni. I don't want to encounter a prick. Maybe I should make a switch to one of the others. I appreciate all of the wonderful advise.