Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

More Honeymoon help--Lakes or Amalfi Coast?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi-
I am back for more honeymoon planning help. We are getting married in July and originally wanted to go to Positano. I still think it looks like an amazing honeymoon destination but the more I read I am also considering Ravello or the Lakes area. I need help on which of these locations would be best for a honeymoon.
Thanks!
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 03:57 PM

I would say definitely Positano for a honeymoon, it is idyllic. My sister and future brother-in-law are booked to go for their honeymoon. Ravello is a short bus ride away.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 03:59 PM
ira

Hi

For a honeymoon,I would stay in Positano and visit Ravello.

The Lakes area is also a good idea.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 11:43 PM

Amrach, here's another opinion. We began our honeymoon (2 years ago) at Villa d'Este on Lake Como, then spent a few days at Il Pelicano in Porto Ercole and finished in Positano, where I can't remember (or perhaps have tried to block out the memory of) our hotel. Positano was the least enjoyable part of the honeymoon. Perhaps it was the hotel, which was a bother since we had to take a shuttle into the middle of town, but the other two locations seemed more suitable for honeymooning (less tourists walking around, more natural beauty and peaceful locations).

The rooms and their views of the lake at Villa d'Este were magnificent. The setting (on the sea) and meals at Il Pelicano were memorable.

I hope this opinion helps you.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 08:32 AM

July? Stay North. Save Amalfi for another trip in the Spring or fall some day. We started our honeymoon on Lake Como at www.varenna.net and loved it! Congratulations!
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help thus far! So, I still have a split decision--2 for AC and 2 for the Lakes. Topping hoping for more replies to help me make my decision Is there a place I can read about the differences between the two regions? I have a Frommer's book but it does not give much info. on this.
Thanks!
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 11:54 AM

The magic word is July. If you are a sun and beach person go south. If you want cooler temps and more serenity go to the Lakes, and include part of the Alps in your plans.