I am au pairing in Martigny for two months this summer, and at the weekends I'd like to explore the rest of France a little, so I'm planning a short trip to Paris. Upon trying to find good hostels to stay in, I discovered that there seem to be two main groups: those in Montmartre and those in Montparnasse. I've read a couple of threads discussing this choice, but they were from the point of view of middle-aged couples, with presumably different tastes to someone of my age (turning 20 very soon), who is travelling alone on a VERY tight budget. What I'm really looking for is a location that is convenient for seeing the city's famous sights. An abundance of night life and cheap food would be a plus, but the most important thing is that I can either walk or easily take public transport to all the best sites - preferably walking. I'll only be taking a weekend bag, so although Montmarte's proximity to the Gare du Nord is a plus, it's not a deal-breaker. Thank you for any help you can give!
Here are the links to two of the hostels I'm looking at:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NFL Football Game
- 2 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 3 Airport Transfer
- 4 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 24 Barcelona tour option help please
- 25 New Years in France