Search

Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback

Hello Guys,
I will be visiting Paris for 4 days and planning to stay in above apart hotel.
As i am traveling with 4 year kid so i would prefer to stay in apartments but i heard at many forums that apartments are not legal in Paris so thought of booking Apart-hotel.

Any feedback of the above hotel would be appreciated.
I will be traveling from Amsterdam to Paris and will travel from here to Disneyland for 2 nights.
Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 08:54 AM

oh, I thought you were going to give feedback, which I thought would be useful.

IN fact, it isn't a matter that ALL apartments are illegal in Paris, people are allowed to do a vacation rental of their own apt. for short periods of time, as long as their landlord allows it. The problem is the vast majority were/are illegal as they are solely let out as vacation apts, they are no one's permanent residence. And just living there 3 months and renting it out 9 months to vacationers isn't legal, either. So it's hard to know which are legal or not, although I suspect you could tell fairly well by what the photos look like (if someone lives there or not).

IN any case, I wouldn't bother myself with an apt for only 4 days, anyway, as there are obviously many drawbacks to one (deposits, pay in advance usually, no one to help with calling a taxi, etc., and checkin/out times may be inconvenient). IN your situation I think an apart-hotel is a good choice (many apts won't rent for 4 days, either).

ANyway, I haven't stayed there but know the area and the location is convenient enough. It's actually very near a playground that all the neighborhood kids pay in. And there is a huge Monoprix nearby which is good for shopping for groceries or other stuff. Rue St Charles is a good market street with great small food shops and a good weekly market, although you may not even be there long enough to use that.

Which one are you talking about, anyway, they have 2 in that area, one is a little more expensive and nicer (the Tour Eiffel one). But the one on rue St Charles is a little closer to the metro stop (Adagio Access).
Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina for your detailed reply.
Is 15th arr a good location to stay with a family assuming that I will be traveling from Amsterdam via TGv and will stay 5-6 N in Paris to visit nearby areas. So traveling with a 3 year kid won't be a problem from there or would you suggest some other area to stay.....

I guess I am talking about the 2nd one I.e. which is near to the metro shop.
Old Feb 24th, 2017, 09:40 AM

yes, the 15th arr. is a good family-oriented residential area. And in that location, you still won't be so far out as to be inconvenient (the bottom of the 15th near the southern peripherique would be more inconvenient).

But for daily touring, it really isn't bad (and in ofact, at night, you will be able to see the Eiffel Tower lit up just by looking north on rue St Charles). You could cut a little commuting time if you were in the dead center, I suppose (closer to Gare du Nord and to/from Disneyland and some typical tourist attractions like Notre Dame). It's not a major issue, but you could compare. Citadines aparthotels are similar and they are all over the city.

In fact, the Adagio company has a couple facilities in the Paris Bastille area and that would be a little more convenient to the train station/Disneyland and a bit closer to the center. You can see if the prices and apearance are the same. Also look at the Citadines in that area
http://www.citadines.com/france/pari...ris/index.html

IN fact, the one you picked in the 15th is more of a family-oriented residential area but you aren't settling in so convenience for sightseeing, etc., may be more important in your case.
Old Feb 24th, 2017, 02:40 PM

Hi vbansal!

Some four years ago, we were at the Adaggio, in the XV, located at rue du Theatre.

Everithing was ok, safe location, somewhat dark street but without any problem.

Good rooms with complete kitchen at least for basic cooking and preparing breakfast. As Christina wrotes, good supermarket realy near.

That said, you are not in the most touristic zone of Paris, I think you will only walk to the Eiffel Tower.

But.....some friends were in Paris a year ago, and they choose the apart hotel Addagio Opera, close to Opera Garnier. You cannot have a better location.

Enjoy your planning and your stay!