Montorosso hotels

Search

Montorosso hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montorosso hotels

Need some input on the hotels in Montorosso in the cinque terre. Has anyone stayed at the Locanda il Maestrale. Any suggestions, Thanks
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 12:00 PM

You can do a search here, as there has probably already been some discussion. Search under "Monterosso hotel" (note the spelling).
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 12:43 PM

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel Baia in Monterosso in early October. E140 for twin beds, gorgeous ocean front view, nice sandy beach, good bars and restaurants in the neighbourhod (along with a very large carpark situate on the waterfront). Lovely room, lovely hotel, unpleasant owners/staff (much commented on by other residents). We agreed that if we ever made it back to the Cinque Terre we'd head to Vernazza. Have a wonderful time. Linda
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:10 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Locanda Il Maestrale and can't say enough good things about it!
The owner and his wife were so hospitable, informative and kind.
The rooms were spacious, VERY clean and modern. The bathrooms were equally good in space, moderness and cleanliness.
The buffet breakfast was great...plenty to choose from and everything was very fresh!
There is no elevator, but the stairs are not bad and the owner carried our bags for us...
In the morning, he sat on the balcony of the main patio with us, telling us the history of Monterosso. It was amazing!
We truley felt like guests in their home!

I can't say enough good things about them!
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 03:47 AM

Jessmartino: We are considering staying at Maestrale near the end of March. Did you stay in a suite or double room? The double rooms look very small? Wer yu close by to walk to restaurants for dinner? It will be dark at night in March.