Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Montmarte Restaurant for Last Night in Paris

Feb 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

My husband and I want to have a Big Night Out on our last night in Paris when we visit this May. Montmartre is our neighborhood of choice. So far, we plan to stop by Cave des Abbesses to start off the evening and end the night with chansons at Au Lapin Agile.

Please help me with suggestions for a special restaurant in the Montmarte area. We are not looking for something terribly expensive (40 euros/person?), but a place with atmosphere that will make us feel as if we are back in the Paris of Edith Piaf.
Thanks!
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:35 AM

I would suggest Le Cottage Marcadet. 151 bis, rue Marcadet. They have a website:www.cottagemarcadet.com

I would suggest that you make your reservation now.

Enjoy.................
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:08 PM

Maybe La Maison Rose (n 2 rue de l'Abreuvoir)? I've never been, but I've seen it suggested in a few Paris guidebooks. The area I do know is very quaint.
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I had considered La Maison Rose, but read some conflicting reports. Has anyone out there eaten at La Maison Rose? Or Chez Toinette?
Feb 28th, 2008, 05:39 PM

Here's another huge recommendation for Le Cottage Marcadet. Beautiful room, outstanding food, moderate prices.

On/near Place du Tertre, we've found a lot of terrific live music. You can find it by wandering all about. Last September, Joanne, at La Cremaillere, was magnificent with "chansons".

Au Lapin Agile is more a variety show (skits, comics...all in French, and a few songs, not necessarily "traditional").

If you want to try for the Paris of Edith Piaf...

www.le-vieux-belleville.com

http://www.lescopainsdabord.fr/english/

Feb 28th, 2008, 11:07 PM

Chez Toinette is one of my favourite restaurants in Paris. Love the atmosphere there and the food (Provençal-inspired) has always been fantastic. Small though, so it's important to book. It might come out slightly over your budget, but I don't think it'd be significantly more.