montalcino:Palazzina Cesari

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if this B&B have a view?
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 04:01 AM

We had a lovely room but the view is of the street below--a pretty hilly corner on the piazza--near the church, but I believe we only saw the street fom our room. I highly recommend. Lucia was lovely and our entire experience there top notch.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Robin. Just too bad about the view! We are still going to go, it looks so amazing. Any other suggestions? Restaurants etc. I chose Montalcino: But my husband is afraid that it's going to be too quiet! Is it a bit busy at night? Anything that you could add would be nice. Thank you
Lucie
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 02:23 PM

Do you have a link to this B&B.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 03:07 PM

lupell,
Your husband is right. Montalcino is a very quiet town at night. there are a lot of places to eat and drink.
Taverna del Grappolo Blu
Via Scale di Moglio, 1, Montalcino
This is a good restaurant with typical Tuscan menu. About $20 per person for a full meal. Try the rabbitt in Brunello
Osteria di Porta al Cassero
Via della Libertá 9 / Via Ricasoli 32, Montalcino
This is my favorite place for wild boar and white beans. About $15 per person for a full meal.
Pizzeria Il Dado
Via Mazzini 18
Great pizza. Pizzas are about $6 or $7.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 07:13 AM

Greetings again--here is the website for Palazzina Cesira -- correct spelling--in Montalcino which we recommend very highly. We were there in May a few years ago and found it to be a wonderful spot and hope to return again. Here is the website:
http://www.montalcinoitaly.com/home_cesira.htm

A few comments regarding the questions posed--

We found the evenings to be varied--there was a festival in the market place when we were there as well as a wonderful parade and fireworks at night--we came upon it quite by accident after dinner at about 9:30 one evening. It certainly was not a ghost town at night--just a normal village with people having drinks at the cafes, going out to dinner--but turning in fairly early--that works for us.

I would not get hung up on the "view thing"--you have a view of the village the minute you walk out the door, and there are many little viales right off the village main street leading you directly to the village walls from which you have spectacular views and no one blocking your view. On the other hand, if you are looking for large hotels and the like, this is not the spot for you--you may prefer staying in Lucca or Siena for a more citified but on a smaller scale experience. You can't miss in either direction.

Buona fortuna!
Robyn France