money. (us dollars)

May 24th, 2002, 08:19 PM
lee may

money. (us dollars)

dear friends,
my name is lee may. i enjoy travel very much. but somehow, i got the problem- how much do i actually need to travel around the europe country or asian country.
pls let me know,
warmest wishes and best regards,
lee may.

May 24th, 2002, 08:20 PM
xxx

$17.34

May 24th, 2002, 08:41 PM
claire

Dear XXX:

What kind of reply was that? That wasn't nice at all. Please don't be so arrogant.

Answering lee may's question to best of my knowledge, I carry about $300 for 7-10 days of vacation.

May 25th, 2002, 04:22 AM
x

a dollar three eighty

May 25th, 2002, 04:56 AM
carol

It depends what country you're going to, whether you'll be in big cities or in smaller towns and countryside, what you plan to do, whether you will have prepaid for any part of your trip (e.g., hotels, train pass, tours) and whether you will also have an ATM card and also have a credit card.

May 25th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Rex

$17.34 !! Yes, what an arrogant answer. Thank you Claire, for teaching us hot to give the politically correct answer of $30.00 to $42.58

Unless you economize. Then $17.34 might do.

Best wishes,

Rex

May 25th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Be helpful or sign off

Lee May is obviously making an effort here to communicate as best he/she can, so we can too (you, too, Emperor Rex).

Lee May, this is for Europe only: each country is different and I can only give you a guess in US dollars, but you probably won't be able to eat 3 meals/day in Europe for less than about $25 per day, unless you stay in a bed and breakfast, eat a big breakfast, and then only eat one other meal.

You should know before you leave how much your hotel/Bed and Breakfasts will cost you -- I'm guessing you can't do it for less than $50/night most places at a bare minimum, and you can easily go up to well over $100-150. per night.

You should also know before you leave how much train tickets between cities and countries will be.

But if you have prepaid tickets and hotels, or if you will charge them and you are asking how much _cash_ to have in your pocket, then I would say never carry more than about $100 or at most $200 on your person and make it last as many days as your budget allows before you go to an ATM to withdraw more cash.

May 25th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Amos

Is the answer from Claire somehow any less imperial than the other meaningless answers given by every other person who has posted a reply here?

The question is meaningless, and this all the answers are equally meaningless.

A meaningful answer might seek to elicit from lee may, what exactly is the question?

May 25th, 2002, 03:57 PM
up

up, for lee may