diet pepsi

May 18th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Nancy Rhoades

diet pepsi

We will be in Milan in one week. Does anyone know if diet pepsi (sometimes called pepsi max or pepsi light overseas) is available and where (large markets or local grocers?) May seem trivial but I do not drink coffee in the morning and the diet pepsi (NOT diet coke) is my get go stuff. Would appreciate any help.

May 18th, 2002, 07:12 PM
mike

one poster said that she took her own with her , that being because she could not find it in Europe.never drink the stuff myself so not sure about where you can get it.I seem to remember a London poster saying something about diet soda though.good luck.

May 18th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Informed consumer

A lot of diet drinks contain Aspartame which has been shown to cause seizures (which is why airline aren't allowed to drink ANY diet drinks or use Nutrasweet) and numerous body aliments. Both Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke contain aspartame.

do a search on google about aspartame.

The MS Society has come out against aspartame. It's even be suggested that it is related to Gulf War syndrome.

May 18th, 2002, 07:44 PM
xxx

No, it's not available in Italy.The Italians realized its harmful effects and outlawed it. They may smoke, but they don't do diet soft drinks, which are even worse for you. Cancel your trip immediately.

May 18th, 2002, 08:18 PM
cjswanson

Spent a week in Italy last month...no Diet Pepsi anywhere, my favorite. Diet Coke was easy to obtain, called "Coke Light " I would bring it with next trip.

May 18th, 2002, 08:46 PM
MK

We just returned from 2 weeks in Italy, my sister was able to find Pepsi Max only once during the entire trip. It was on one of our train trips, otherwise she settled for Coke Light. Good luck.

May 19th, 2002, 12:17 AM
Sheila

I'm an addict too. Diet Pepsi is almost impossible to get. Pepsi Max which is NOT the same thing at all, is more available but still pretty sparse.

All joking apart I only realised the extent of my caffeine addiction a few years ago, whilst on holiday in Crete. I drink a fair bit of filter coffee and unhealthy quantities of diet Pepsi every day.

In Crete I couldn't get filter coffee or pepsi, and it took three days with a raging headache and vast quantities of painkillers before I realised the cause and got stuck into the Greek coffee.

The Italians, on the other hand, make wonderful coffee. Might be worth a go!!

May 19th, 2002, 01:17 AM
dick

They have diet coke

May 19th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Sherry

My daughter and I were in Italy south of Siena in August 2000. She does not do coffee and is addicted to Diet Pepsi. We bought it at the local Coop near to Poggibonsi.
I do not know about the Milan area.

May 20th, 2002, 01:25 PM
I'd rather not be Informed

To Informed-
Nancy was not asking our opinion on the nutritious value or lack of in Diet Pepsi. She was simply asking where to find it on her trip.

Go spread your black cloud elsewhere.

May 21st, 2002, 12:14 PM
Doug Weller

I don't recall having any problems getting Pepsi Max, which is much better than Diet Pepsi, tastes almost like real Pepsi. (Both diet types are sold in Europe).

As for UNinformed Consumer, his/her claim about the MS Society is a lie.
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/headlines-aspartame.asp

That's a story on the MS Society web site with the headline "Stories Linking Aspartame and Multiple Sclerosis Unfounded"

Doug

May 21st, 2002, 12:18 PM
Dina

If all else fails, there are over-the-counter caffeine tablets, which are a lot easier to carry than bottles of pepsi, and will prevent the caffeine withdrawl headaches.

May 21st, 2002, 01:45 PM
Doug Weller

Why does this board now have people like Dina, 'Uninformed' consumer, etc --wallies who don't seem to have anything else to do but act stupidly here?

Doug

May 23rd, 2002, 02:41 PM
Nancy

Thank you all, especially Doug.

May 24th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Doug Weller

Thanks Nancy. Us Pepsi fans need to stick together!

Doug

May 24th, 2002, 11:48 AM
SVG

Nancy:

In Milan, go to to 27 via Garibaldi, between midnight and 2:00 am. Knock 5 times on the door. Tell them Ricky sent you. The secret password is "new generation". You gotta buy a case of 24, though.

May 24th, 2002, 12:52 PM
carmenr

Just returned from Paris last month and wanted to warn you about light drinks. I adore Diet Coke and all they had was Coke Light. Tasted great but be aware: it is NOT calorie free. Kind of blew my Weight Watchers Program.

May 24th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Doug Weller

Carmenr, Coke Light is the European name for Diet Coke.

http://www2.coca-cola.com/ourcompany/brands_dietcoke.html

No calories.

Doug

May 24th, 2002, 11:47 PM
aaa

gotta love those people who order a triple cheeseburger, large fries, and a diet coke, cause I'm on a diet.

May 25th, 2002, 12:08 AM
American

Stay at home you make me ashamed!! Think how spoilt you are.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO