Reload this Page >

Monday in Madrid and Barcelona.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2000, 08:08 AM
Claudia

What can I do in these cities on Mondays so that all the museuns are closed ? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>CLáudia

Old Apr 2nd, 2000, 07:03 AM
Claudia

just to go top

Old Apr 2nd, 2000, 01:14 PM
Linda

We were just in Barcelona last month. Highly recommend these things for a Monday: 1) Poble Espanyol, a recreation of a Spanish village from styles all over Spain. Fabulous! All sorts of resident artisans there too. Located up on Montjuic area. 2) Do a self tour of Sagrada Familia church. 3) Could spend hours just walking down La Rambla. 4) Visit "Parc Guell", a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It's Gaudi's most colorful creation. You won't believe it! Enjoy. It's a beautiful city.

Old Apr 2nd, 2000, 01:18 PM
Carol

There is a lot to do in Madrid without going to museums. Go to the Royal Palace, walk around the Plaza Mayor and sit there after you get tired and just watch the people, walk around the side streets in that area of town and explor, walk down the Gran Via and see the Plaza Espana, go to El Corte Ingles, the large department store, walk around the Retiro Park, look at the beautiful fountains. It's a great city! <BR>Carol

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 07:30 AM
Kathy

I just came back from Barcelona this weekend. I flew into Barcelona on a Monday myself, but still managed to take a long walking tour of Las Ramblas, Barceloneta, and the Barri Gotic. If you stop and look at everything, like I do, this will take hours. <BR> <BR>Another easy thing to do would be to take the Touristic Bus. There are two routes: North and South. Each route takes about two hours. If you do the Touristic Bus, which now costs 2,000 pesetas for one day or 2,500 pesetas for two days, you can see all of the different parts of the Barcelona and get an idea of where you want to go and see. Also, the Touristic Bus offers the option of getting on and off, with buses running every 20 minutes. <BR> <BR>I would recommend getting a street map of Barcelona to help guide you through the walking tours. <BR> <BR>Have fun.

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Tom

The Centro Reina Sofia in Madrid, which houses Picasso's masterpiece Guernica as well as other 20th century art, is open on Monday, closed on Tuesday.

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 10:06 AM
Tom

The Centro Reina Sofia in Madrid, housing Picasso's masterpiece Guernica and other 20th century art, is open Monday, closed Tuesday.