Search

Monaco GP advice needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:36 PM
rdr
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monaco GP advice needed!!!!

Hi All, I will be going to the Monaco Grand Prix for the first time. I am planning a week stay in Beaulieu-Sur-Mer (a short train ride west of Monaco) and taking in the sights on a budget. To really enjoy a race, I usually like to walk around the track and stop at several corners. My question is: Do you have to (or would you recommend) buying a grand stands ticket, or is it feasible to buy a �general admission� and walk around? Would I be able to see much of the race?
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 02:27 PM

My husband was there during the preliminary races 2 years ago-- He had no idea where he was going and ended up in the bleachers watching the prelims for free.....<BR><BR>I think if you want to see the MAIN race, that there is a charge for those tickets...but no one charged him for the preliminary races, which he raved about!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 04:32 PM

rdr, we went last year and had grandstand seats. I'm not sure that walking the track was an option as access was pretty controlled. I don't recall a general admission ticket, just some areas without bleachers that were the least expensive tickets. Without some type of ticket on the actual race day it would have been very difficult to see anything....lots of sound, however.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 06:28 AM
rdr
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.<BR> <BR>Given today’s environment of security and having to pay for everything, I guess the purchase of a seat would insure that I get to actually see the race! The good old days of wondering the pits are long gone, now that F1 has gone mega! <BR>
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 07:05 PM

How was it taking the train the day of the race. Was it too crowded and difficult to get to Monaco?