moderately priced lodgings near Frankfurt airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be renting a car and gone for 2 weeks, then back to Frankfurt. I would like someplace to spend night before flite fairly close to airport, as we will be returning the car there and have a 10:30 a.m. flite.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 03:50 PM

We have stayed at the Sheraton right at the airport several years ago when we got a really good rate. Last year we stayed at the Hotel Ibis in Kelsterbach which is about 5-10 minutes from the airport. There regular rate was 88 Euro per night including buffet breakfast. It has a decent restaurant for your last evening meal. There isn't too much else in the area because it is in an industrial area. However, there are restaurants just a few minutes away.<BR>Also near the airport is a Steigenberger and a Steigenberger Esprix which isn't very expensive.<BR>
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 07:46 PM

Stayed at the Ibis. Be advised that when I was there,the rates were &quot;negotiable&quot;. Quoted a rate at the desk of 110 E and when I walked away it dropped to 95 e. Re a great restaurant: but I can't remember the name. Head back toward the airport to the stoplight, turn left, go about a mile and on the left you will see a residential type building with a restaurant on the bottom floor. It's run by an Italian from Venice but has an absolutely great business and great German food. {I know this is no use to you except maybe to get you into your car and go out to look for the local places!] Sorry.
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 05:38 AM

You might want to check availability of a room and make your room reservation on line at www.ibishotels.com. Currently, they are displaying a price of 69 Euro per double room with a price of 99 Euro during events. This probably does not include the buffet breakfast which last year cost 8 Euro per person.
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 05:28 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
We usually stay at the Holiday Inn - it's located about 10 minutes from the airport and has an airport shuttle (small fee). It's a good place to stay the night before a flight or between flights as a day room. We were last there in October - the rate was about $55 for a day use room - I don't think it's much more for an overnight stay.
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 07:44 PM

We stayed at the Airport Hotel Albatros in Walldorf--about a 10 or 15 minute drive from the car rental return at the airport. There's a very nice Italian Restaurant within walking distance. <BR><BR>Also an interesting little Holocaust memorial in the woods--also within walking distance of the hotel. It is a memorial to Hungarian Jewish women whose camp was in the woods--they were brough to Frankfurt to improve the runways at the airport so they could handle the jet fighters the Germans developed at the end of the war. It consists of a walking trail with plaques telling the women's story.<BR><BR>This is a businessmen's hotel--so not fancy, but it was 50 euro double with a good breakfast and parking included. No airconditioning, so, if the weather prediction is for heat, you might want to consider a place with a/c.