Misc questions reagrding Turkey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at domestic airfares within Turkey and noticed that they offered many prices for a particualr flight without explaining the differences. Does it start of with being strapped to the wing up to luxury class or do the various fares mean something else?

A friend recommended that we take a cruise to Turkish and Greek islands. What are your recommendations in terms of the providers?

Is anyone familar with Deniz Konak Hotel in Instanbul or the Sureli Efes in Selcuk?

Can you please recommend a "cave hotel" in Cappadocia?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Does anyone have comments?
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM

Not sure what your budget is but a wonderful cave hotel in Cappadoccia is Esbelli Evi, located in Urgup. Their breakfasts are wonderful and a good location close to everything. And even though you didn't ask, I have to recommend you do the hot air balloon flight over Capadoccia and splurge for the longer flight by Kappadoccia Balloons. They don't just hover over sights but have highly trained pilots that would swoop up and down in the canyons. At one time they were so low that you could reach out and pick fruit off a tree. It was the highlight of our 3 weeks in Turkey.
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 09:07 AM

And wit regard to airfares, we flew on Turkish air from Istanbul to Kayseri then from Antalya back to Istanbul (1 1/2 years ago). You are only looking at 1 + hours on any inter-Turkish flight. I don't recall there even being a business or first class section on either of those flights. We booked our flights from the US before we left. The different fares are surely related to amount of flexibility of the ticket. The cheapest fare will be not changeable or returnable versus the most expensive that you can change. Hope that helps. You will love Turkey. It is a really fascinating country and the people were very friendly and welcoming.
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions. I am bit of an acrophobic and I beleive the balloon trip would induce great terror rather than great joy.
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM

My Mom and wife are both acrophobic but really enjoyed the balloon ride. We took the longer flight from Goreme balloons and loved every minute. Cappadocia is one of the top three places in the world to hot air balloon. I wouldn't miss it.

the turnip
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the encouragement
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 01:00 AM

Ballooning could help them to get rid the acrophoby....Its an experience really.

Airfares changes depending on the route, time of the year, time of booking and flexibilty etc. Buying domestic flights from Turkey may make a difference on prices as it is cheaper to buy in the country, having said that never leave this to last minute and consult your agency....

Have fun and enjoy Turkey
Murat