Search

Mini GTG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini GTG

We had a mini GTG in Asheville, NC today. Robyn and Al came from Winston Salem and Betty came from Spartanburg to join join for lunch.

None of us had met before. Robyn and Betty had contacted Joan about France and living so near one another. Robyn and Betty have very similar background in teaching French.

We had a fun time, a good lunch and do plan to keep in touch and GTG again!! A couple pictures:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ViewSlid....1245788431116
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Joan--Al and I really enjoyed our lunch and gtg--it is always fun to find more francophiles and particularly when we all had so many enjoyable AND exciting experiences to share. Joan, it is clear that you scope out the best and most receptive restaurants in France and at home--we loved Frankie Bones--absolutely the best crab bisque I have ever had--reminded me of my Mother's shrimp Newburg which I always selected for my birthday meal--lots of sherry in the sauce--and then enjoyed your breakfast suggestion of The Corner Kitchen as well--such good food and lovely fruit accompaniment. I am delighted to be able to compare notes with Betty as well as I develop advanced courses and ideas for future private lessons--she is a gold mine of information and so much fun too. Thank you Joan for getting us together and thank you both Betty and Joan for such a delightful discussion of all our French travels past, present an future. I look forward to many more.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Robyn,

It was such fun for us to get together. You and Al do enjoy your hiking. Asheville is a great area for you to do some of that, too.

Robyn and Betty have such similar backgrounds with their schooling in France and their teaching here.

Betty has classes in Asheville once a week with seniors who have had high school French (most) and want to learn more. Betty then does some trip planning with them and takes groups to Paris and France. She and her group have recently returned from a trip. I helped her with some dining one evening at Cafe Constant.

We had a fun time together and I'm sure we will do it again!!

Joan
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Anyone planning a GTG Sept 16-17 0r 18?
We have a reservation for Bouillon Racine at 8 on the 16th and Petit Prince at 8 on the 18th. Make a reservation and join us!
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

frenchwow,

Not arriving til Nov. 3rd for 6 weeks.

I'm sure you will find plenty there in September.

Joan