Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Millennium Knightsbridge or Victoria Thistle?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Steve

We are going to London for Christmas holidays and trying to decide between Millennium Knightsbridge and Victoria Thistle hotels. Thistle is slightly cheaper and has easy access to tube and trains. However, Millenium looks like a nicer hotel and we know from experience that Knightsbridge is probably the nicer area to stay. Any opinions out there on which one would be better - we want a fairly nice room in a good neighborhood with shops and restaurants, and good tube access.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Mike

In the winter easy access to transportation may be important. Who wants to walk a mile to the underground station? Victoria Thistle has a good central location as well. I have not seen the rooms at either hotel but I would go for good transportation and lower price. Knightsbridge is nice but more upscale than I would need for a vacation.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Surlok

I stayed at the Milleenium Knightsbridge three years ago, and enjoyed the hotel and its location immensely. I had the cheapest, smallest room, as I was staying there alone. Although small, the room was well set, wonderfully decorated, with all the amenities I could wish for: coffee maker, tea, minibar, hairdryer, and so far.<BR><BR>The tube station is one and a half block away, Harvey Nichols is nearly across the street, and Harrods is three blocks from the hotel.<BR><BR>As I don't know the Victoria Thistle, it would be impossible to compare.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Missy

We stayed at the Victoria Thistle in April and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were nice, smallish and clean. YOu cannot beat the location. In March I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Grafton for more money and much preferred the Thistle.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 09:36 AM
marie

I too stayed at the Mill. Knightsbridge but the hotel must have moved since the last time I stayed there. The tube station was 1/2 block away, Harrods was around the corner, Gucci was next door and Harvey Nichs. was 3 blocks away. Lovely room, very small but would stay there again in a heart beat.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Surlok

Marie,<BR><BR>Your recollection is not accurate, nor is mine, regarding the Mill. Knightsbridge's location. We were half wrong, half right.<BR><BR>Here is the hotel location, as per Millenium official web page:<BR><BR>http://www2.millenniumhotels.com/mil...ion?hotelId=40