Milan vs. Verona?

Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:30 AM
Debby

Milan vs. Verona?

May decide to cut out one of these towns once we are in Italy. Which one would you give up?

we will only be daytripping to either place on the way to somewhere else.

If we decide we are too packed - the advantage of traveling independently, which one would you forego?

thanks

Debby

Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:37 AM
Ann

Milan...I haven't been to Verona, but did not care for Milan, it is not worth the visit in my opinion.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:06 AM
sandi

Do a search on Verona and you'll see many positive remarks. I loved it. It's very accessible on foot and is quite beautiful w/ the Adige river running through the middle of town. There's a wonderful coliseum in the middle of the main piazza and wonderful fountains. Just a beautiful city..go there! If you want to see some image of Verona check out http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292427863

Verona is the first 8 images.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:01 AM
Julie

I guess it would depend on your itinerary (arriving/departing from Milan?). Verona is absolutely charming, but going to the rooftop on the Duomo in Milan is certainly worth a trip for 1 day. Again, just depends on your schedule and interests.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:13 AM
Wayne

I would personally not consider Milan to be worth only a day-trip. It's a nice city, with the Duomo and other attractions such as Sforza; but if you are day-tripping only, Verona is a better destination, with lots of nice things, that you will be able to explore more completely in just a few hours.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:19 AM
Clint

I've only been to Milan. It was fine for a day, however without knowing much more than what I've read on this forum, I'd definitely choose Verona over Milan.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:00 AM
amy

I have only been to Milan, so I can only give a one sided view, but I would choose Verona. Milan has two things going for it, the cathedral and the Last Supper. If you are an art enthusiast it is worth the trip, but for only one or two days. Also remember reservations for the Last Supper are needed. The other touted item is the shopping area next to the cathedral, but you can get most of these designer items else where. If it is only a day trip though Verona might have to many things to do. Have lots of fun and good luck.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:30 AM
Barbara

I think Verona may be better for a day trip. I stayed there for two days & ran out of things to do. The town is small & walkable in one day, although, it turned out to be one of my favorite towns. Milan is a "big city," relatively speaking for Italy. It's totally different from Verona, more crowded and more like a city rather than a town. If you want to see a busy "city," go to Milan. If you want to see a cute town, go to Verona.