Milan, transport from airport to Milano Centrale

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to figure out how to get from Malpensa Airport to Milano Centrale. I see a conector from Malpensa terminal A to Milano Cardonna, but a guessing they are 2 separate stations. Can't find any info on the train stations in Milan. Anybody been there and know?
Old May 12th, 2004, 11:15 AM

There have been a couple posts on this recently. I always fly into Milan's Malpensa airport and take the white shuttle bus (available outside the intl terminal in the loading zone area) to Milano Centrale train station. The bus costs about ~10 euros and take 50 minutes to get into downtown. They leave every hour. You can purchase your ticket near the exit of the terminal (there is a ticket office for train, metro tix, as well as currency exchange). I have not heard of Milano Cardonna? Milano Centrale is the main train station in Milano.
Old May 12th, 2004, 11:15 AM

You are right, they are two separate staions. For reasons beyond me, the train from Malpensa goes to Cardonna station only and not to the main train station, Milano Centrale. Cardonna station is near the Last Supper area; without traffic it would take between 10-15 minutes to get to Milano Centrale by taxi. It might be faster to just take the bus or a taxi from Malpensa right to Milano Centrale.
Old May 12th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Take a shuttle to Milano Centrale. There are two services - Malpensa Shuttle and Malpensa Express. The Express costs slightly more and has nicer buses but they both take the same amount of time and leave every twenty minutes. You can pay as you board the bus - no need to hunt for tickets inside the station.
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:44 AM

I copied this from a previous post I wrote. Hope it helps.

Basically you have three options:
1) Take the Malpensa Shuttle (bus) to Milano Centrale
2) Take the Malpensa Express to the Cadorna Station, then the subway, then walk across the street to Milano Centrale
3) Take a taxi - too expensive to really be an option in my opinion

Message: I just finished my research, but looks as if everything has been spelled out clearly. I will post anyway for the information and links:

Malpensa Shuttle (a bus/coach) will take you from the airport to Milano Centrale in about 50 minutes. Fare is 4.5 Euro for an adult. Leaves every 20 minutes.
http://www.malpensashuttle.it/mxp-mil.htm

Malpensa Airport Website (English)
http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/Eng/Malpensa/

Malpensa Express Website (English) Fare is 9 Euro to Milan (Cadorna)
http://www.ferrovienord.it/webmxp/ing/index.html

Malpensa Express Map: This shows how you would need to make the connection at Cadorna Station to get to the Subway/Metro. It also looks like there is a bus stop there (which I presume you could get a connection to Milano Centrale).
http://www.ferrovienord.it/webmxp/in...rvizio-ing.htm

Metro/Subway Map: It looks like Metropolitana M2 (Line 2, green [or verde]) connect Cadorna and Centrale. Fare was 1 Euro (from website in 2002).
http://www.metropla.net/eu/mil/milano.htm

Ok, after investigating all of this, it really looks like taking a shuttle bus from the airport is the easiest and least expensive option and time savings will be minimal. For some reason, it seemed more expensive when we went ? or it just didn?t work for whatever reason. If I were to do this again, the bus from MXP to Milano Centrale would be my first choice. However, the information for the Malpensa Express to Cadorna, then the subway to Milano Centrale should be helpful for a back up plan.

In all the information I researched, a taxi would be the last resort as it would be very expensive.

I think I?ll keep this on file for future reference.