Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Milan - I have one day need reccommendations!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,<BR><BR>I just booked a last minute 1 1/2 day trip to Milan. My other half is over on Business and I am tagging along. I will be on my own in the day and will try to meet up with a friend living there but what are any must sees. I would like to do some shopping as well. I Know absolutely nothing about Milan. Italy is one place I have never visited! Please ahny suggstions. I love wandering around new places and would like to walk around the city.<BR><BR>Thanks!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 01:07 PM

The Duomo should defintely be at the top of your list. And, make sure you go up to roof. LaScala Opera House is closed; however, if the museum is open, that should be on your list as well, along with viewing The Last Supper.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 07:35 PM

I heartily agree the roof of the Duomo is amazing. Do this the day you fly in... walking around on the roof in the fresh air, taking in the view is an exhilarating way to get over jetlag.<BR>Call in advance to book tickets for the Last Supper. And check out the DaVinci science museum, for some scale models of his inventions, wooden boats, and more. Enjoy!
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 01:01 AM
RAR

I would also add the Ambrosiana gallery to your list, it has some beautiful works and is right in the middle of downtown.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 01:55 AM

I would recommend the following:<BR><BR>Morning you arrive in Milan - spend half a day walking around Piazza Duomo (making a stop inside), the Galleria, and around the shopping district. Have lunch on Via Dante<BR><BR>Afternoon - walk up Via Dante towards the Castle. Walk around the Castle and Parco Simpione<BR><BR>Evening - Eat dinner in the Brera quarter, which is pedestrian only area - lots of restaurants, night life, and interesting street vendors - I recommend Nabucco for a fabulous Italian dinner.<BR><BR>Next morning - visit the Brera Art Gallery - one of the best in Italy!