Search

Milan Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 03:54 PM
Arline Bondanza

Milan Hotels

Can anyone recommend fairly reasonable hotels in Milan? I'm interested in one near the airport and one in a convenient area and good neighborhood in the City. Also how far is it from the airport to the city center?

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 02:17 AM
Sheila

I'm sure others can give you "better" option, but we have used the Tulip Arizona which is close to the motorway exit for the airport (Malpensa- remember there are 2). It's on a tram route to the city centre. It's about an hour's drive from Malpensa to the city centre. The hotel has parking so you can abandon your car and use public transport, and is maybe 35 miutes from the airport. It cost about £40/night per small functional double en-suite room

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 01:25 AM
Liz

Book early for Milan hotels. We've just returned from a short break, and we had great difficulty finding hotels in any price range.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 05:02 AM
Patrick

It's been three years, but we stayed right around the corner from the Duomo in the small Casa Svizzera. It was a very nice, but simple 3 star hotel. The price then was about $100.00, quite a bargain in Milan. Nice breakfast and friendly and helpful staff. Haven't checked for a web site, but their fax is 39-2-72004690.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 11:36 AM
Deena

We stayed at a nice little three star hotel very close to the Cathedral. It was called Gran Duca di York. It was centrally located and was very reasonable. At Malpensa, we stayed at the Villa Malpensa which was more upscale. We enjoyed this hotel very much and plan to stay there in the future if we have an early morning flight from Milan.