Messages within the border

Mar 23rd, 2002, 05:58 AM
Jack

Messages within the border

Is it only my computer, why doesn't the questions fit within the border for the first 50 messages, but does from message 51 on?

Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:22 AM
cd

I'm not having problems.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:48 AM
xxx3

I've had that very problem, though I'm not having it right now. Sometimes it affects some messages of the first 50, but not all! Just anohter one of Fodors charming personality quirks. It comes and goes.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:11 AM
Jack

To xxx3
You've described exactly what I'm getting right now. It comes and goes.
It only happens for the first 50 messages. From then on, all is within the margins.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:15 AM
Jilly

I've encountered the same problem at times. Changing the text size does not help. I'm using the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:27 AM
Ruth

I THINK that if a title has no spaces (ie is one very long word) then the system has to fit it all into the window on one line. I'm not sure if that was happening today.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:37 AM
ron

Ruth is right. The title "Switzerland/Austria/Germany" is the one currently causing the problem on the 2nd page. It would be nice if the poster would learn to use the space bar, but I suppose we can be glad he isn't asking about six or seven countries.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 09:22 AM
Jack

If that is the case, then Fodor's should fix the system so it can't happen. It just messes up their board the way it is.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 03:37 PM
Rex

I don't think that this a website programming failure. If a person fails to put a space in a long string of letters, like qweqlwkejqlwkejqwlkeqlwkejqwlkejqwlkejqlwkejqlkwje qlkwjeqlkwjelqkwjelqkwjeqlwkej

where is fodors supposed to insert the space(s) to make this fit the space better?

Not every goofy internet circumstance can be anticipated, nor should programmers be held responsible for planning around all such occurrences.

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:46 PM
ttt

to the top