Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Merligen - Private Chef or a restaurant for a special event?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2024, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, everyone! We will be celebrating a milestone bday on this trip. We are 4 adults (late 40s / early 50s) + 4 teens. We are not into stuffy or "fancy" dining but want to do something fun and special for one night. We will be staying in an airbnb on Lake Thun in Merligen for 3 nights, and hotels the rest of the trip. My first thought is to see if we can arrange for a private chef during one of the Merligen nights (since we have the kitchen space). Has anyone done this? If not a private chef, a fun fondue experience at any local restaurants (Thun or Interlaken)? Are any of the dining cruises on Lake Thun worthwhile (my gut instinct is no but what do I know).

We have a reservation at the restaurant Beatenbucht on the lake for one evening.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! As far as activities - we have a lot to choose from - too much, really, but if there is something nearby we absolutely can't miss please share! We want to cruise Lake Thun, visit the castle(s) and Thun, a day trip to Grindelwald (First Cliff Walk), a day trip to Interlaken (Harder Kulm)...