menus online for paris restuarants

Jul 23rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

menus online for paris restuarants

does anyone know of a website that has menus online. i am sometimes finding restaurant websites but not always. i am looking for the menu for bon accueil and i'd like to check out some others. any suggestions? thanks!
Jul 23rd, 2007, 04:28 PM

I don't know of any web sites, but I can give you a personal glimpse of Au Bon Accueil's menu. We ate there last May.

A friend & I each had lobster salad, which was supposed to be an appetizer, but we wanted just the one course. It was expensive. But worth it. And it was plenty for us. They brought it with the guys' appetizers, so when they brought out the entrees for them, they gave each of us girls a dish of mashed potatoes so we wouldn't have an emply place in front of us.

The guys had 1: salad aux lardons and kidney; 2: Duck and entrecote. Sorry I didn't write down how they were prepared, but everyone still raves about that being one of the highlight meals of the trip.

I did make a note about the wine. We had a bottle of Cote de rhone Janasse fro 38 euros.

Jul 23rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

thanks...we are traveling with children and i want to make sure there will be something on the menu for them.
Jul 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM

bestrestaurantsparis.com

the above has sample menus online.

Restaurant AOC and Pomze both have online menus. I haven't been to either but would consider both.
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:18 AM
ira

Hi M,

>we are traveling with children and i want to make sure there will be something on the menu for them.<

There are always chicken, steak frites, and some sort of pasta.

Jul 24th, 2007, 05:22 AM

Many restaurants in Paris and elsewhere will feature dishes based on season and on availability at the market. For this reason, on-line and printed menus, if you find them, will likely be a general guide rather than an exact listing of what will be on offer on a given day.

Not all restaurants offer chicken, steak frites and pasta. But any kitchen will be able to rustle up an omelette, if nothing else appeals. Perhaps this will be a chance to introduce your children to some new and interesting foods!
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:37 AM

You can look at

www.chezclement.com

I ate at their St Michel restaurant and was not disappointed.

www.tourdargent.com

For this web page, go to "les petites maision". Guirlande de Julie and Rotisserie du Beaujolais are there with their menus (note ...RdB menu doesn't seem to be working today, I looked at it a week ago, may be updating). (I'll assume you won't be eating at Tour D'Argent!) I've eaten at RdB, and it is one of my recommendations. Good roast chicken and garlic mashed potatoes.

www.blanc.net/blanc_/en/index.html

This lists the restos owned by Blanc brothers. I ate at Le Petit Zinc and would recommend it for its seafood.

I'll look around for some more...
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much for the reponses everyone..we are planning on getting the kids to try new things.
Jul 25th, 2007, 04:04 AM

how about peaking at:

bestrestaurantsparis.com

you can click on the English version but the menus will still be in French.

Hippopotomus was fun. I liked my dish there when we stopped in on the fly so to speak. I think that would be very kid friendly.
Jul 28th, 2007, 10:22 AM

mwoodrowe - when are you going, and how old are your kids? We are going next June with our 7 and 10 year old, and I think share your thought that the plan will be to introduce to new foods etc, but the "price" of hungry cranky kids means that it will be a good idea to have a back up plan! If you are going before us, I will be curious about your eating out experience!
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

hi we are back and did pretty well with the kids. they tried lots of new things...even frog's legs. but they eat lots of different things at home. they love smoked salmon and there was lots of smoked salmon on many of the menus. and cooked salmon. but they did really well with trying new kinds of pork dishes or chicken. and there was often french fries on lunch menus. and they tried the grilled ham & cheese sandwiches but be warned...its not american cheese. lol the kids are 11 & 8.
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I've never seen a menu online, or even a website, for Au Bon Accueil. But, we've been there twice and I can tell you that the menu was very appealing both times and the food was exceptional. The menu changes constantly. Last September, prix fixe menu was €27 at lunch and €31 at dinner. There were many appealing selections for each course on both. But, even more appealing options on the a la carte menu (splurge but reasonable prices). We loved the lobster salad starter and enjoyed one of the finest filet mignons ever. Beautifully crusted and perfectly cooked (medium rare-medium).

Recommend that you reserve. They are nearly always fully booked ahead.

The owner, Jacques Lacipiere, now has another restaurant called Chez Les Anges (54 blvd de La Tour-Maubourg) that also looks very appealing.
Aug 26th, 2007, 10:58 PM

Does anyone here actually live in Paris?
Aug 27th, 2007, 08:47 AM

Yes, there are posters who live in Paris, or Dijon, and part-time in the Dordogne...