Reload this Page >

Men need footwear advice too!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 05:16 AM
xdr

My problem: Wales in February, and yes, I know it's a lousy time to visit, but going anyway, just to avoid the surfers who show up in June. Need advice on shoes for daytime wear - something elegant to go with my togs, but water resistant, perhaps with a rubber sole, lace-ups or slip-ons - hey, I'm easy and open to ideas. It must be leather, and nice. Price be damned - cold, wet tootises are no fun. If you've an idea or two, my feet will be ever so grateful.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:24 AM
ttt

ttt, regretfully - but really do need some advice. Help on the way, I hope! Thanks.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Karen

My husband swears by Mephistos. I think that some styles (for example, the boot style) are more water-resistant than others. I would go to a specialty shoe store for walking and try on several brands and styles since people vary so much on fit and comfort.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:31 AM
charlie

Hie yourself down to your local bootery and find a pair of shoes made by Josef Seibel of Germany and you will tootsies will be warm, dry, and comfortable. Note cheap but worth every cent you spend. Wonderful footwear.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Kay

My husband's favorite shoes are Rockports.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:03 AM
daddy

Look for the other post called I got new shoes and they are so cool for some good information on shoes.<BR><BR>Love ya all<BR>Daddy

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Ira

Have you tried llbean.com? &gt

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:31 AM
ajs

xdr,<BR><BR>Here's an idea for you. <BR><BR>sierratradingpost.com is the best!<BR><BR>http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/...qx/product.asp