Medical insurance

Search

Medical insurance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2022, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medical insurance

We are a couple of American citizens in our 60's. Although we are pretty healthy my husband does have a pre-exiting condition. We don't really need trip insurance that covers the cost of the trip. Everything we have booked can be canceled or changed. Can anyone recommend a medical insurance company / policy for foreign travel. All I can find are policies that have a $2,500 maximum coverage for a pre-existing condition.
Old Feb 26th, 2022, 11:00 AM

I have used insuremytrip.com and squaremouth.com when researching trip insurance. Both are brokers that offer many different policies. I find it easiest to call and discuss my needs with an actual person and have received good advice.

One year I was concerned about an in-law's health declining so needed a policy that would cover us cancelling due to her preexisting condition. At other times we have had medical insurance that covered us, so didn't need our own medical coverage included.
Old Feb 26th, 2022, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used Seven Corners for medical and medical evacuation insurance for years. I don't remember their policy on pre-existing conditions, but with most policies they are covered if you take out the insurance within 14 days of the first payment you are covering (just don't cover much if you don't need that).
Old Feb 26th, 2022, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

KTtravel and thursdaysd, I appreciate the info.
Old Mar 5th, 2022, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KTtravel
I have used insuremytrip.com and squaremouth.com when researching trip insurance. Both are brokers that offer many different policies. I find it easiest to call and discuss my needs with an actual person and have received good advice.

One year I was concerned about an in-law's health declining so needed a policy that would cover us cancelling due to her preexisting condition. At other times we have had medical insurance that covered us, so didn't need our own medical coverage included.
I was able to get the insurance we needed through insuremytrip.com. Thanks for the info!