Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotels between harvard medical school and tufts medical school

interviewing at both schools and need a centrally located hotel in a safe area
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 06:26 PM

Both are easily accessible by t from pretty much any of the downtown hotels. Stay in Back Bay, and it will be easy. You could take a taxi if you prefer.

The W in the theater district is very lose to Tufts medical center. And you could walk from there to the green line and be at Harvard med (which is in the Longwood medical area) in maybe 15 minutes
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 03:35 AM

If you can't afford the W, almost any hotel in the Theater district or Back Bay will do. The Charlesmark, across from the Boston Public Library is not expensive for Boston and is only a few yards from the Copley T stop.

When I was a student, I could not afford to take a cab. If you are in the same boat, you will need to take an E trolley on the Green Line to Harvard Medical School. Get off at the Longwood Medical Area stop (better known as "Brigham Circle"). The E trolley (perhaps marked "Heath Street") has the fewest trolleys and a lot of street running, so you will need to allow plenty of time.

To go to Tufts, take any Green Line trolley to Boylston station. Walk down Tremont Street away from the Common until you get to the Tufts Medical Center beyond Stuart Street.

Both schools will no doubt give you detailed directions to the interview locations.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 03:52 AM

There's a DoubleTree hotel on Washington St that's across the street from Tufts. It's reasonably priced (for Boston hotels), and it's close to the subway.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:06 AM

Interesting Ackislander calling the green line the E trolley. Yes, I guess that is what it is and different from Red line which is more of a subway train.

Interesting about hotel advice. steener, good luck on your decision making and medical studies. Since moving to Watertown a few years ago we have been treated by our doctors (primary care, pulmonologist, cardiologist, ophthalmologist, surgeon) all located at nearby Mt. Auburn Hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 01:09 PM

I'd lean toward staying near Tufts and taking the train out to Harvard. Tufts will be more central and offer a better selection of hotels. The Doubletree, W, Courtyard (Downtown), Revere, Four Seasons, Park Plaza, and Hyatt Regency are all very near Tufts (e.g. <10 min walk) and pretty convenient to the Green Line out to Harvard. There is also a place called the Milner Hotel nearby. Not sure whether it even rises to the level of flophouse, but I think it is relatively cheap.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:40 PM
cw

Bill, the Green Line has different branches--B, C, D, and E lines--all going to different end locations. So you really need to know what branch to take from downtown.

Steener, I'd get off at Longwood for Harvard Medical School. It's the stop before Brigham Circle. But they will give you directions to your meeting.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:41 PM
yk

Travelgourmet has given you a great list of hotels near tufts medical school. I second his suggestion of staying in that area, and there are plenty of cheap eats in Chinatown, which is right next to Tufts!