Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Me, again. Looking for airfare for June. Eurofly?

Me, again. Looking for airfare for June. Eurofly?

Nov 25th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Me, again. Looking for airfare for June. Eurofly?

Another question. I just checked www.kayak.com for the tenth time this weekend and there is a flight on Eurofly airlines from JFK to Rome direct for under $1000. I checked posts here on this airline and there are a few people who have flown them with positive experiences. I am tempted to book because even last year we paid almost $900 for Aer Lingus, JFK to Rome via Shannon and Dublin, with a 5 hour layover in Dublin. The idea of a direct flight is soo appealing. AND they have the seatback entertainment systems, which really help to make the flights go faster. I am visually impaired so trying to watch a movie from 20 feet away on a small screen is a bust. Just wondering if I should wait until winter/spring to see what comes up. What to do....... Advice anyone? Thanks so much for all of your help!!!
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:49 AM

I actually helped a friend book a trip to Italy last December with Eurofly. I have never flown the airline but she needed 4 tickets so the fare was important to her.

She told me it was a good flight, on time, luggage ok, etc.

That said, I'm always weary of new, small airlines like this one.

Problem 1) They could just disappear one day. Not saying they will and don't have any evidence they will, but it's not unusal in situations like this.

Problem 2) and this is the more likely one to happen. These airlines have limited aircrafts at their disposal and possibly (although I'm not sure about Eurofly), they don't have any interline agreements with other airlines, so if there are any problems, you are usually stuck at either the origin or destination city until they "fix" whatever problem they may have.

I'm not saying that it will happen, just that it's a possibility.

The fare you're getting is a good one, but I would still wait another month or maybe even 2 before making a commitment.
Nov 25th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

AAFF - Great advice! Lots to think about. Thanks!
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:37 PM

And, on the other hand, having a direct flight takes care of SO many other problems - connections, layover, more chance of lost luggage, etc.
Nov 25th, 2006, 04:04 PM

Well, my first piece of advice is if you want help finding lowest fares it is useful to know the dates on which you want to travel.
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help, Dukey! We want to travel June 6 or 7th until the 19th or 20th. Minneapolis, Chicago, or New York to Rome.

Search this Thread