Air Fare from US

Sep 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Air Fare from US

I traveling to Paris in June 2008 and am curious when and where you all go to book your flights. I don't know how far out to book the flight. I'm also wondering if there are discounted flights that I'm not aware of. I use Expedia for finding flights. What do you use?
Sep 14th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Not going to be that cheap for June travel to Europe. But you can start watching around Jan or Feb.

One exception. Continental is starting a Cleveland - Paris route next May. They announced the detail today, and will have relatively cheap tickets for sale soon. So, that's one possibility. [But it's not likely to be THAT cheap.]
Sep 14th, 2007, 07:54 PM

I use travelocity or expedia and it looks like iberia.com airlines has the best fares I've seen lately.
Sep 14th, 2007, 08:14 PM

I had exactly the same question last year...and went ahead and booked our June 2006 flights in November 2005. I kept watching the fares, and they weren't coming down. The cheapest I had seen (maybe in Sept-Oct?) was $1200, and we ended up paying $1500 each. It DID go up after that - I kept checking - so I was glad I didn't hold out any longer. But I had specific dates and that airline, so maybe other airlines had lower fares later. I never checked them.

We're going again, and booked our April 2008 flights in August on Air France, LAX-Madrid, CDG-LAX return. Cost was $1174.00 on Aug 7th and is now slightly higher, $1285.00. It's REALLY hard to figure out what's happening. You just sort of have to decide what your threshold for suspense is.

We fly AF because I like the direct flights to Paris - less chances of our luggage going astray if we get there early and have only one plane. That said, my connection CDG-MAD is only 1hr 45 minutes so I'm crossing my fingers.

Good idea to choose Expedia and the other search engines for pricing. I still like to book directly with the airline. I think it's advantageous to do so.

Have FUN in Paris! It's a glorious city and a great time to go.
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:40 AM