Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Marriot County Hall London= Ritz in U.S.???

Mar 29th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Hi, several posters have said that the Marriot County Hall is like a Ritz Carlton in the United States. I just booked the marriot for 3 nights for an EXCELLENT rate. Im not expecting a Ritz, but, my daughter is. Could you tell me how close these other posters are to the "truth"? Also, what should I be expecting?
Thanx.
Mar 29th, 2004, 03:36 PM

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/LONCH

You're referring to the hotel in London, correct?

I've heard it is pretty nice, but missed those posts comparing it to the Ritz! The website photos certainly make the hotel look attractive, and it has many ammenities, including a swimming pool. Have a wonderful time!
Mar 29th, 2004, 03:54 PM

Have stayed there and its pleasant - but nothing like a Ritz Carlton - more like a Sheraton or a Hyatt - but distinctly much better than the typical Marriott in the US.
Mar 29th, 2004, 03:55 PM

Agree - not a Ritz Carlton. But the location, service, views etc really can't be beat. You will love it . . . . .
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:01 PM

The Marriott County Hall is a very lovely property but it is not the Ritz Carlton.

What does your 12 year old expect from a Ritz property?

Could you point to the particular posts which compare it to the Ritz? Otherwise there is no way to agree or refute.

Mar 29th, 2004, 05:22 PM

Which Ritz Carlton are you talking about? I've only stayed at the one in Half Moon Bay and IMO the Marriott County Hall is much classier. You're lucky you got an excellent rate--they were quoting over $500 a night when we stayed there (but luckily, we had Marriott Rewards points).
Mar 30th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Sorry for the mix-up: The comparison to the Ritz Carlton was made on epinions. Either way, thank you for the feedback. it sounds like a good choice.