Reload this Page >

Marking your luggage

Search

Marking your luggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Reyna

Marking your luggage

I have read somewhere in the thousands of posts about using flouresent tape or colored luggage tags for identification.<BR><BR>Can someone help me with this. <BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>10 more days!!!!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 05:55 AM
s.fowler

It's a great idea since so many pieces of luggage look alike -- either black or green and most with wheels. We used curly ribbon clusters in bright green when we took the students the Budapest and Macedonia -- made corraling the bags a LOT easier -- we still have the remnants of that on our bag handles -- but time for a new "cluster" I think!!!<BR>Just put it on the top or narrow sides rather than the big flat sides for easier visibility

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Alice the Magyar

Only thing is, now so many folks are using it! I almost took the wrong suitcase twict last last! Only weight and me reading my name tag told me it was not mine for sure! Add your special touch to it too to, so you can be use it is yours. Alice

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Al

We use patches of red duct tape, stuck on three sides of each bag (never on the handle -- it can get sticky). That way, no matter which way the bag lands, a red patch (half the size of a postcard) is visible. And from a distance, too.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Tina

After seeing a friend exercise creativity in marking her luggage, I too, went to Michael's (arts & crafts store in Tx) and bought fabric paint (comes in small tube) and drew a few stars on my luggage. I also have red ribbon on bag; however as Alice said many folks are using the ribbon trick. My bronze & silver stars set my bags apart.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:00 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>True it all looks the same on the conveyor !<BR><BR>I kill two birds with one stone ............. I have a multicoloured nylon belt I wrap through the handle and around the case.<BR><BR>Easy to recognise and secure from accidental damage.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Dave

Do something to you luggage so that it will be different from others. I put yellow tape on it a green strap around it. I can see it as it lands on the luggage belt.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Dick Yeager

I use yellow duct tape in big strips on front, back and sides. I can spot my bags a mile away!<BR><BR>Dick

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:29 PM
ja

Like Tina, I used fabric paint and not being able to draw used stencils - my black luggage with pink, blue, and purple stars, moons, suns and planets is unmistakable!<BR>ja

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:00 PM
ttt

Topping.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:27 PM
jerome

I have been using my parents' 52 year old suit case. No way can anybody walk off with it and not be noticed. I get a lot of crap for using it but I don't have to mark it.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 09:30 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Message: Like Tina, I used fabric paint and not being able to draw used stencils - my black luggage with pink, blue, and purple stars, moons, suns and planets is unmistakable!<BR>ja<BR><BR><BR>Best thing is ............ no one else would want to take it !<BR><BR>Peter<BR><BR>