March/April in Positano area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read a post that suggested that a lot of places and/or ferries may not be open or operating until later in May. We're trying to decide if we should spend 3 days in the Pompeii/Positano/Amalfi/Sorrento area from 31 March to 3 April. Will enough stuff be open to make it worthwhile? (shops, restaurants, busses around the area, etc.)<BR>OR--should we go to Umbria and visit Orvieto, Assisi, etc. at that time of the year? Thanks!
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:19 PM

I have been there in late March and it is not a problem--go and enjoy.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had 6 days in Sorrento, visiting Positano, Amalfi etc in early March. Most things were open, maybe the occasional restaurant was closed. We caught the local buses regularly and the ferries were running to Capri. On the plus side were the lack of crowds, minus was the weather, a bit cool and windy some of the time but good for lots of walking.<BR>Kay
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 04:38 AM

Kay, how cool was it? I'm always looking for places where it will be nice and near water in March/April but keep hearing that they are not as warm or pleasant as I would like.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To Jm: we had 5 weeks in Italy all up, from early March to April. On the Amalfi coast, weather ranged from mild to cool, never cold. In Sorrento, we had 1 day where it rained a little, we wore trousers and t-shirts a couple of days and other days a long sleeved cotton top and polar fleece. It was noticeably cooler at night but never freezing. Hope this helps.<BR>Kay<BR>(If you want warm weather in March, head for North Queensland in Australia! Their slogan is 'beautiful one day, perfect the next' and they're right!)
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 05:46 AM

I have been there in April,but in March it is not a Problem.All shops are open.<BR>