Marbella Marriott in Spain..HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone please help me. I have reservations on hold for the Marbella Marriott for April 17. We are looking to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We are looking to use Marriott reward points. I have just found out that this hotel is only villas and have a 2 bedroom apt. on hold for only 2 people, which seems a little crazy. We have never been to Europe. We are looking to do beach and some sightseeing. Have we picked the right location and/or area? I really am totally confused having never been there and basically never hearing of all the places mentioned on these forums. But, we are looking to do something new and different for this anniversary. Any help to someone who knows nothing would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Isn't anyone going to help me?
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 11:03 AM

Hi Shelly..don't know how much I can help you - I am trying to book the Marbella Beach Resort for October and can't get it. There have been great reviews on it here on the board...I am putting some here -
"We stayed there and liked it so much we have a request to stay there again in Nov. It's a great spot for wonderful daytrips." "Marbella Beach Resortis beautiful, right on the beach, and the staff are unbelievably helpful." - this from artlover

From Woody: -
"We stayed at the Marriott Marbella Beach Resort in May and had a wonderful time. The resort is right on the beach, and the accommodations are exceptionally nice. The setting was so nice (our terrace had a view of the Mediterranean), we spent several evenings with friends having dinner on the terrace. We had a car and went on a day trip almost every day we were there."

I have heard other very good reviews of this property.

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:36 PM

Happy anniversery, Shelly,

We stayed there on our 20th anniversery, were just there a few months ago and had a great experience again, and will probably do the same again on our 25th. There are so many great places nearby, but you should rent a car and get lots of information beforehand. I did a trip report, but am not sure how you can access it, but if you give me your e-mail address, I will e-mail you my files on the area, or just do a search here.

Yes, the units are rather large for 2 people, but they are beautiful and the staff is great.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Chatters

shelly, your post is intriguing to me. You state that "I really am totally confused having never been there and basically never hearing of all the places mentioned on these forums". It seems to me if you have never heard of Marbella, Seville, Granada, and "are looking to do someting different", that pretty much settles it and Marbella should be fine. You are using Reward Points on a great hotel on the beach with plenty of sightseeing opportunities. At this point, I would just worry about getting hold of a good guidebook and learn a little about your destination. Have a fun trip and a wonderful anniversary!!