Many Ireland Questions - please help!

Mar 9th, 2000, 08:17 AM
Jen

Many Ireland Questions - please help!

Has anyone stayed in the Old Presbytery in Kinsale, the Cleevaun in Dingle, or Kathleen's Country House in Killarney? We have booked these places for our trip in May, so any feedback would be great.

2nd ?: Has anyone flown from Dublin to London? If so, what were the prices like? So far Ryan Air looks to be the cheapest (which is what I am looking for).

3rd ?: Weather in May?

Thanks.
Jen

Mar 9th, 2000, 08:25 AM
Patrick

We took AerLingus for an amazingly cheap round trip from London, something like $100 round trip, but there were numerous restrictions, like no changes!!
And we liked the airline.
Can't help you with any of those places to stay, but I think you almost have to hunt to find a place that ISN'T nice in Ireland, particularly in those three of Ireland's most charming towns.

Mar 9th, 2000, 12:12 PM
Cathy

Jen,
I have just asnwered some other questions you had on Ireland so here goes on these - first I am not familar with the guesthouses you booked but the Old Presbytery has got good press.

Ryanair are the cheapest airline in Ireland - but the other airlines are fighting back with cheap deals but usually alot of restrictions. Ryanair is a low budget no frills pay for your coffee and take whatever seat you get wherever you get it. Weather in May is as unpredictable as the weather is generally in Ireland. Pack a warm sweater and a raincoat and some good walking shoes and check the weather web sites. Hope this helps

Cathy

Mar 10th, 2000, 02:26 PM
Steve

Jen - My family & I flew RyanAir from Dublin to London in Nov-97. Weather was rainy, flight was a bit bumpy, and plane was small & 'no frills', but all in all, it was fine. At Dublin airport, we had to walk out on the tarmack in the rain to board the plane. It landed in Standsted (sp?) airport north of London., rather than Gatwick or Heathrow. There is an Underground station there that will take you into London, but it is not a short trip.

Mar 11th, 2000, 08:44 AM
Terry

Jen, I stayed at Kathleen's Country House in Killarney a few years ago and thought it was great. We stayed at an inn called the Milltown in Dingle and that was also fine!

Mar 15th, 2000, 03:42 PM
elaine

Jen,

We stayed at Kathleen's Country House for 3 nights in '98. It is very clean but do ask for extra bath towels. If you shower after touring all day, the towels will not be dry by morning. Best to ask for them in advance. This was a good base, as you could go in several directions without packing or unpacking.
Have not personally stayed at Old Presbytery, but good friends love it and think this a giant step up from Kathleen's.
Have a wonderful vacation!