Reload this Page >

Man's leather jacket

Search

Man's leather jacket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Emma

Man's leather jacket

I will be going to Florence with my daughters. My husband will not be able to come with us because of poor health. I would like to get him a leather jacket. Can you recommend a good place and give me an idea of what this will cost me.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 02:41 AM
Mike Miller

Your best bet is to go to the Florence leather market which is near the Duomo.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:45 AM
canuck

We were in Tuscany in July and our friends bought 3 leather jackets and other leather goods from a store called F.I.N.E. Leather - I hope someone else can help you with the location but our friends raved about how the owners were so helpful, gave them great information on the leather and the prices were very good. They were most impressed!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Patricia

Emma,<BR> I just returned this week from Florence and I purchased a 3/4 length leather coat. I had been shopping around for days and was directed to Sax's by several Americans and locals. The San Lorenzo market place is open 7 days a week now from 9-7 and there are plenty of good bargains there. You can get a leather coat for 70-80 Euros but the quality is less. I all depends on whatg you are looking for. If you want more info on Sax's and a contact, e-mail me and I will provide that info and you can tell them I sent you and they will give you agood deal.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 05:42 PM
John G

The best leatherwear in Florence for men can be found at either Ferragamo on the Via Tornabouni or at Brioni on the Via Calimala. They are both very expensive shops, but many times they have terrific sales. I have seen leather jackets on sale at Ferragamo for $600 US. I know this is alot of money, but compared to what you would pay at Ferragamo on 5th Ave in NYC, it is a steal. And remember, it will last a lifetime. A cheap leather jacket will look like crap in 3 years.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 09:36 AM
kavey

John<BR><BR>I looked hard for a leather jacket I liked in Rome (which I could also afford). No luck, though I was looking for a long purple leather jacket.<BR><BR>Is Venice any good for leather clothing shopping, not the designer stuff but just regular stuff?<BR><BR>Kavey<BR>